Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How much oestrogel needed in peri  (Read 540 times)

Katherine

How much oestrogel needed in peri
« on: May 10, 2023, 08:56:31 AM »

Hi ladies,

I’m currently in the difficult part of my cycle, where I feel like everything is a massive effort, walking up the stairs feels like climbing a mountain, and I feel overwhelmed by my growing to do list. In the good part of my cycle, about half of each month I have bags of energy and feel positive so it is definitely cyclical.

I’ve tried to sleep more as I know more sleep would help but I’m finding sleep difficult too. I usually take 2 pumps of gel every morning and am considering increasing to 3, but the fact that I still have regular periods and therefore some oestrogen of my own left, makes me think I shouldn’t be on a higher dose of oestrogel. But then I’ve heard women in peri have large fluctuations in oestrogen.

Anyway the point of this thread is, I would be interested to know how much oestrogel other women in peri take, or whether they take a high dose of another form of oestrogen.

I’m really sick of half my life being a struggle, due to hormones, and it seems that my good window is shrinking over time too. I’m trying to lose weight but I find this time of month I am resisting the urge to eat constantly especially carbs and sugar. Any weight loss tips for women in peri would also be most welcome.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How much oestrogel needed in peri
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 12:08:35 PM »

My friend would get really busy at certain times of her cycle: I remember ringing her one night, "Can't speak, I'm hoovering.  Be back in a couple of days!" 

Maybe put 'Oestrogel' into the search box to see if there are threads?

Peanut31

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 06:34:09 PM »

Hi

This is something I am trying to find as in how much oestrogen I need.

I’m peri menopausal and I got up to 2 pumps of gel a day, however, I started with terrible anxiety and  what I can only describe as panic attacks.

On top of this I didn’t feel great on HRT, so decided to stop it altogether. I felt fine after stopping but all my symptoms came back and couldn’t cope with life. I knew I needed to go back on it.

I’m now trying one pump a day and seeing how it goes. It’s still early days.

As regards weight loss, I can’t offer any advice,  as I do intermittent fasting and low carb, what use to work doesn’t anymore, and trying to maintain my current weight let alone lose some pounds is a losing battle.

Something I am struggling to cope with.

Best wishes

Katherine

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 08:57:59 AM »

Hi peanut,

I understand it can be a real challenge trying to find the right balance of HRT and I hope you find the right dosage of gel for you.

It’s really hard trying to lose or maintain weight during menopause isn’t it, I could never do intermittent fasting or low carb, and find that simple calorie counting is what works for me, if I can manage to do it, which is difficult in the tired part of my cycle. Additional exercise just makes me hungrier! I find B12 helps reduce sugar cravings as does eating some fat and protein in every meal. I will keep trying.

I hope you feel better soon peanut, and I really appreciate you replying and let us know how you get on with the oestrogel.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 09:00:18 AM by Katherine »