Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet cont v evorel conti  (Read 545 times)

Nic0284

• First Flush
Elleste duet cont v evorel conti
« on: May 09, 2023, 01:30:36 PM »

Hi. First time posting. Looking for advice. Been on everol conti for over 2 years, symptoms improved, a few months ago the hot flushes returned and I became very tearful and anxious. Asked GP if maybe needed to increase dosage, have now been on the elleste duet conti 2mg for a month, instant flare up of acne, bloated tummy, hot sweats initially decreased but seem to be returning and the past few days I have had extremely painful period pains. ( No period as I had an ablation 8 years ago) can anyone give me some advice, is there a patch slightly higher than the everol conti I could use? Thanks in advance 😃

Dotty

Re: Elleste duet cont v evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 01:52:35 PM »

Yes…you can get an oestrogen only patch in 75 or 100 and your need to take a separate progesterone….Utrogestan.

Dr. Heather Currie

• Administrator
Re: Elleste duet cont v evorel conti
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 09:31:37 AM »

It is also worth considering if there are other contributory factors, such as diet effects, (high carbohydrate, high sugars), alcohol, caffeine, other stresses.
Then worth considering other non hormonal options rather than increasing estrogen, such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy–the fact sheet on WHC is excellent–https://www.womens-health-concern.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/02-WHC-FACTSHEET-CBT-WOMEN-FEB-2023-A.pdf
If there definitely seems to be a need for higher dose estrogen, then Evorel conti can be used as one and half patches--it is not licensed to be used this way, but we believe that the 2 hormones estrogen (the main part of HRT), and progestogen (needed to prevent estrogen from stimulating the womb lining), are evenly distributed across the patch and so should be ok to use in this way. Not ideal but probably better than separating the estrogen and progestogen
Best wishes