Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradot availability  (Read 602 times)

floraljo

Estradot availability
« on: May 08, 2023, 02:09:11 PM »

Hi, has anyone been able to get hold of estradot? My private gp wanted me to stick to this brand specifically but it has meant that I'm always buying from online pharmacies trying to chase it up. Thanks

SarahT

Re: Estradot availability
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 06:21:57 PM »

Been struggling for months to get estradot, whatever the strength I have been on at anytime.

On 100 atm, and was prescribed 3 months supply. Managed to get hold of a single box (1 months) and chasing owed prescription all the time.

My g.p say s it is ok to use 2 x 50 patches instead (I have some old 50's leftover) don't know if this is feasible for yourself depending on your dose?

My usual pharmacy, attached  to our gp surgery tries to order them everyday, no luck for ages. So like you I chase every local possible chemist to try to find a box here and there. It's stressful enough coping with symptoms let alone the worry we can't get our medication!

Not a raging feminist... But wonder if these problems would still exist if men's medication was in drastic short supply??

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 06:39:04 AM »

Hi, has anyone been able to get hold of estradot? My private gp wanted me to stick to this brand specifically but it has meant that I'm always buying from online pharmacies trying to chase it up. Thanks
Yes, I got six boxes of Estradot 100 last week. I use a small, independent pharmacy and they always manage to get it as they have more choice of wholesalers.
JP x
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 06:41:29 AM by Joaniepat »

primrose3

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 12:06:01 PM »

Hello floraljo,

I had to come off hrt in January, body said no.
I have one full box and 5 unopened sachets of estradot 100 patches if you would like them, also 2 boxes of utrogestan 100.
although not sure how i would get them to you??

Jasmin20

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 04:06:27 PM »

So agree this wouldn’t be an issue if it was for men. Just had a call from pharmacist at GP to tell me utrogestan and Estradot in short supply. It is so anxiety provoking as nothing else has really worked for me. Will likely get some Estradot hopefully but not the utrogestan. Luckily I have a spare box tucked away! Good luck to all also facing this issue.

SarahT

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 06:11:34 PM »

Still cannot get my estradot 100's. And she I was on 50's I struggled to get them and again when I was on 75!!
Luckily I have a box of 50's so I will back to using two of those instead.... Estradot seems finding me. When I was on Everol it seemed to give me nausea. I agree, it really does not help with the anxiety when we can't even get a prescription for month after month.