Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hysterectomy Finding - scared tbh  (Read 1575 times)

Stargazer

Re: Hysterectomy Finding - scared tbh
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2023, 06:04:39 PM »

Thank you Penguin -  MRI Scan went ok and when I came home a Liver Nurse telephoned me.  She said she wanted to know if I was ok at the moment ie trying to recover from hysterectomy as well.  I said I was not able to rest as much as I should as really concerned about results.  She looked through notes and said it was highly unlikely to be anything to worry about and that she would email the radiographer and ask them to expedite the results as I was so worried.  She said it sounded traumatic and dramatic the way I was told in recovery, amen to that.  She was excellent and gave me her number.  I asked her if a lot of her referrals are incidental findings and she said most of them!

Penguin

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2023, 06:33:50 PM »

Oh that does sound reassuring, and I'm so glad you got to speak to someone sensible and caring. Great that she gave you her number too. I really don't think telling someone in the way you were told is good at all, they could have handled it better, perhaps something to feed back when this is all over.

Stargazer

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2023, 11:22:28 AM »

Penguin- I'm sorry the Daily Mail article did not help your Health Anxiety.  I decided I would do all I could to try and help mine. So I telephoned the CT Department at my hospital in Nottingham (Huge hospital) and spoke to a Radiologist.  He said he didn't want me to worry. I said a lot of articles on line give sobering results for radiation levels and CT scans.  He said this is now the 21st century and the scanner machines are now very advanced stay away from the internet as most out of date.  I asked if they set the machine to size etc and he said that they don't even change the level of radiation the machine changes it all the time as necessary and gives as low a level as possible.  He said the levels are very low and an abdominal CT scan is about the equivalent of the radiation from a flight from London to New York.   Made me feel a bit better xx

Penguin

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2023, 12:47:54 PM »

Thanks that's good to know. Although tbh I'm less worried about radiation and more about incidental findings. I should really stop reading the news full stop, except for fluffy animal stories!

Stargazer

!!
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2023, 06:21:37 PM »

Penguin Lol, we should only be allowed to look at kittens/puppies on the web  lol.
Husband who is quite frankly enjoying being in charge at the moment of me and the kids has deemed I am no longer allowed to have my laptop with me at night in the spare room (where I am sleeping whilst recovering).  He is also coming down from his office and to make coffee, check in on me and see what I am watching on u tube.  He wants me to relax and stop worrying and more importantly stop frightening myself on Dr Google.

Good luck with your incidental finding - Let me know if you like I will put on here my result x

DottyD68

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2023, 09:27:19 PM »

Hi Stargazer,
Glad you had your MRI and the liver nurse sounds really on it. I think most of the time in these situations we just want reassurance. Full stop. Ven if it is bad news, reassurance that the people who have the power to help have your best interests at heart. Knowing that the medics not only care about your physical well-being but also your mental well-being is so important. I appreciate that they must be under so much pressure but it does make the difference. Waiting for results is just the worst.

Anyeay you sound like you are in good hands both at home and at the hospital. Hope your recovery goes well. X
Pages: 1 [2]