Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: stopping hrt bad health anxiety any help??  (Read 473 times)

primrose3

stopping hrt bad health anxiety any help??
« on: May 08, 2023, 09:18:38 AM »

Hello, this is my first post on here, reaching out!
I am 63 years old, thought i would give hrt a try last year, after 6 months had to stop, bad histamine response apparently, although still not sure, reacted badly anyway, stopped in January this year and now feel worse than ever. terrible anxiety, had thrush 3 times in 6 weeks after antibiotics, vaginal burning, vulval soreness, feel worse than before to be honest, what a journey.
Anyone got any advice as to when this settles, need a bit of hope, some light to help me through, seem to worry about everything!
I would feel so much better knowing i am not alone in this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: stopping hrt bad health anxiety any help??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 09:29:25 AM »

Morning.  U R not alone.

Was the thrush diagnosed by a swab?  Why did you have ABs, if it's because of vaginal dryness, then maybe ask your GP/Nurse Practitioner for appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment.  The idea being is to replace oestrogen being lost by peri-menopause: which may cause the body to become dry; inside and out  >:( - skin, vulva, vagina, between the toes, deep in the ears, eyes nostrils ...... U get the picture.  Many GPs still do not recognise vaginal atrophy which can mimic repeated urine-type 'infections' really really well.

To confirm infections a urine sample must be sent to a Lab to grow any bugs. 

In the meantime if you have KY Jelly, then insert a little into the vagina to ease any dryness.  Some ladies find that 'yes' or 'sylc' products good, until VA treatment kicks in, usually symptoms improve after 2-3 weeks of nightly insertion of the prescribed product. 

When I get the need2P symptoms I swallow 2 Nurofen capsules 3 times a day to help.

Let us know how you get on.   :welcomemm:

primrose3

Re: stopping hrt bad health anxiety any help??
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 10:25:53 AM »

CLKD

Thank you so much for your reply, that has already given me a lift this morning. Antibiotics for bad sinusitis wouldn't budge, guess they're dried out too, gp brushed off idea they could be related to hormones, then anti biotic for urine infection that was not there, best not to get started on the vagaries of GP practice though.
Also 3 lots of thrush tablets as cannot use the pessaries, too dry, fluconazole have there own side effects so feeling unsure what to use that won't give me thrush, have missed vagifem for 4 nights, should i try that again as a two week reboot, that won't give me thrush right??? in a spin, no one seems to understand, thank you for any advice.