Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Consultant Appointment and Blood Test Update.  (Read 693 times)

Kathleen

Consultant Appointment and Blood Test Update.
« on: April 06, 2023, 03:18:07 PM »

Hello ladies.

I have just come back from my appointment with an NHS Consultant who was very helpful and we had a lovely chat!

HRT - In essence he still believes that 'less is more' regarding HRT doses which he bases on thirty years experience. He said that very large amounts of oestrogen can  contribute to extreme mood swings as well as many other problems.

My moods are beginning to level out and this may be due to my medium dose of 50mcg of gel over the last six months. We agreed that I will continue with this dose but he suggested that I increase my Cyclogest pessary from 100mcg on alternate nights to every night just to ensure adequate uterine protection.

Vitamin D - I had learned that the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency are similar to those of low Oestrogen so about 10 weeks ago I began taking a supplement. In the last week or so I have felt better and the Consultant  encouraged me to continue with the supplements.

In all I thought it was a worthwhile meeting and a letter will be sent to my GP and copied to me.

I accept that we are all different in our needs for Oestrogen but I suggest that everyone checks their Vitamin D levels as low amounts could be contributing to various health issues including hormonal imbalance.

If  I think of anything else that may be useful I will be sure to update the forum.

Wishing you all well ladies and take care.

K.

Limpy

Re: Consultant Appointment and Blood Test Update.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 03:23:38 PM »

That sounds to have been a very useful appointment Kathleen - so good to hear  :)

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 03:56:25 PM »

Great to hear the update Kathleen,keep going girl,you never know,you may just get there  :-*

Lovely

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 05:05:13 AM »

That's really helpful Kathleen. I got a paid for couple of sessions with the Newson clinic because where are I am there are no  such helpful NHS consultants - barely any help at all!

I was struggling with an ancient prescription (been on HRT about 10 years now) of Cyclogest 7-10 days every month. Made me very slow and low. Ended up reducing to cope. They switched my half a pessary every other night and I actually look forward to it now - sleep like a log those nights but the lowness less. So I'm thinking I might go to every night