Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradiol blood tests  (Read 500 times)

Teresa

Estradiol blood tests
« on: May 05, 2023, 03:34:43 PM »

Hi All,

I’m post menopausal, have been on Evorel 75 (and utrogestan orally) for over a year. Before that, I was on Evorel 50 for about 6 months, but my estradiol levels were very low - at 112). My GP who arranged the blood test, told me afterwards that they shouldn’t have done the test fir me, as they are not usually allowed to test estradiol levels as they fluctuate and can’t be trusted? He added that I should go by ‘how I feel’. I’ve never felt totally great if I’m honest, since even upping to 75, but have stuck with it, in the hope my levels have increased. No hot flushes, but I suffer from anxiety.
Recently after a hysteroscopy, where the gynaecologist told me it all looked fine, apart from fibroids, but she told me to double my utrogestan, which I take orally continuously, to ‘protect the womb’ as I’m on Evorel 75. She didn’t say my lining was thickened particularly ( though it may have been, I’ve yet to see her letter they haven’t been sent out yet 🙄) However, even though I’ve been doing that for just over a month now, I’m still not entirely convinced that my estradiol levels warrant the increase in Utrogestan. I’ve also had another breakthrough bleed, ( I was told I’d have to wait at least ten months, if I ever needed further investigations) but I’m hoping it’s because the increase in utrogestan hasn’t had a chance to work yet? Either way I think I’d really benefit from knowing my estradiol levels.

I notice that some of you manage to get your estradiol levels tested, where do you go? Does your GP do it, or can anyone recommend anywhere on line that I could perhaps do a hometest, although I’m a bit squeemish 😳

Thankyou in anticipation
X

discogirl

Re: Estradiol blood tests
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 04:47:15 PM »

hi teresa

all my estradiol blood tests my gp arranged for me xxx

Teresa

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 05:08:37 PM »

Hi discogirl,

Thanks for your reply. Well, that’s very interesting….perhaps I should try again and ask if I can get tested via my GP. He gave the imoression kast time that it wasn’t something they did, but it was over a year ago snd things do change.
Thankyou so much.
Teresa
Xx

discogirl

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 06:38:19 PM »

No problem Teresa, do let me know how you get on xx

Teresa

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 07:21:10 PM »

Thanks disco girl,
I will 😊 I’ve got an appointment on the 15th, so I’ll report back on here….fingers crossed he lets me have a test  :)

Teresa
Xx