Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this why we struggle for appointments?  (Read 609 times)

phebe22

Is this why we struggle for appointments?
« on: May 05, 2023, 02:02:45 PM »

So .after a three week wait after my vaginal scan which showed my lining had gone up by 2mm from 4 to 6 mm for the first time in 3 years, I was given an appointment at the doctor's ( no discussion about when I could go, I was just messaged a day and a time..couldn't alter as no more for weeks ..I did try) So, shuffled stuff about and went this morning.
The doctor saw me, yes. I'm not sure why, beyond having a look at my downstairs (and grumbling that I should have been made a double appointment for this option..so you've never seen me take my knickers off so fast!) which she said was fine. ...and the hospital ,at my scan ,said she should have done before referring me for a scan...but other than that and asking about my symptoms..again.. spotting, low back ache, bloating,. fatigue,.which may or may not be connected.. (hopefully not when I've googled it all ) she referred me BACK to the hospital for a gynaecological appointment..and said I'd hear in three or four weeks.  She didn't even blink when she asked me if I bled after sex and I said I'd had zero interest in that for years and so wouldn't know. 😩
In the meantime, I asked if I should reduce my HRT dose.  Up to you , she replied.
So..I don't really feel I've been cared for tbh, or listened to. ...and it could have all been done, apart from the exam, over the phone.

I guess I'm in the system but I know for a fact my local gynae dept is very over loaded and behind.   I do wonder about private but difficult to know the best option of I do go down that road...and where to go .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 02:05:00 PM by phebe22 »

Flossieteacake

Re: Is this why we struggle for appointments?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 02:22:54 PM »

What a dismissive and uncaring person they are! So sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at your appointment phebe. Gynaes do not seem to know much about HRT or anything meno related so I guess that is why they did not know what to say when you asked about HRT. It would have been better if they told you to ask to be referred to a meno clinic rather then just say it is up to you.

Is asking your GP to refer you to a meno clinic an option?

phebe22

Re: Is this why we struggle for appointments?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 08:48:33 PM »

I did mention that...but I know that the NHS one in my area has a waiting list of 479 days according to the latest published statistics...so over a year  :(