Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Should I be concerned when told I have a "bulky cervix"?!  (Read 564 times)

phebe22

Should I be concerned when told I have a "bulky cervix"?!
« on: May 04, 2023, 03:59:25 PM »

I was told I have a "bulky cervix" at a recent v.scan 3 weeks ago, when I was also told my womb lining had thickened up 2 mm since last time ( a year ago..but increased to 50 Estrodot since last Sept..wonder if that's caused it?  Am 57, not had period in forever (had mirena coil until early 50s).....should I be concerned? 
Asking as a little worried as scan was tow and a half weeks ago and still not seen or heard from my doctor...and no appointments when I phone.  Hospital said I would be contacted within a week, my surgery just tells me they are short staffed and will get to me eventually.... :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Should I be concerned when told I have a "bulky cervix"?!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 08:08:25 PM »

2mm from what measurement, I'm sure that someone will be along with advice. I think it's 5mm+ that 1 gets concerned ;-)

There is a shortage of results due to Bank Holidays as well as shortage of staff in all NHS depts..   Pity that those doing exams don't explain to patients more thoroughly at the time!

mandss

Re: Should I be concerned when told I have a "bulky cervix"?!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 09:10:26 AM »

I was diagnosed with a bulky womb, along side irregular painful bleeding and other symptoms, It turned out to be adenomyosis. Have since had a hysterectomy. My cervix was also inflammed and showing cell changes but this was only found after everything was removed. Hope you get some better answers x