Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: First month update  (Read 2391 times)

Emma74

First month update
« on: May 01, 2023, 07:16:23 PM »

Hello everyone.

I've just completed my first month of patches and utrogestan (vaginally). I must admit listening to all the Dr Newton stuff I thought it was going to be a life changing experience but it had been quite underwhelming (thankfully). I think the HRT has taken the edge off a lot of things. My anxiety is not through the roof although I have had a couple of panic attacks( not as severe). I haven't got my mojo back yet. My nails are super strong, dry eyes are a bit better, palpitations are still strong but don't scare me as much. My period was lighter and less cramping and lasted normal time. I've eaten loads of sugar in the past month which doesn't help (damn those easter eggs)!

I got used to the utrogestan, you do get a bit of the coating as discharge but its not so bad. Not ready to try them orally as I'm a night eater and don't like tablets.

So I suppose for new members it is a positive, I didn't get any nasty side effects, none at all that I could say but not the wowzers there's my old self back.

Baby oil takes off the plaster patch remains and stops any after itching. I'm happy to stick with it and maybe in month 2 I'll start to see more positives.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First month update
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 08:26:39 AM »

Morning.   :thankyou:   4 the update.  It can take a few months B4 the body absorbs the replacement, hopefully you will continue to see improvement.  Let us know on this thread how you go along.

Emma74

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 09:06:04 AM »

Thank you CLKD, woke with a panic attack today so you have said what I wanted to hear, it can still improve!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 09:34:54 AM »

What a positive update! For you to have already seen a reduction in your anxiety is so positive! It is so good to hear you have seen other improvements too. HRT has not been the fantastic cure you read about in the media for me either and I think that is common for most of us. :)

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 09:38:45 AM »

That panic could have been caused by the early morning walking hormone, cortisol.  Used to floor me in the early hours  :'(.  Propranolol helped a lot.

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 11:21:49 AM »

Sounds a good start, no bad reactions and improvement with symptoms.

Silverberry

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 07:33:10 AM »

Hi there! I'm almost 1 month into Evorel patches and apart from curious bad dreams mentioned in a separate post, I have no side effects to report. Like you I haven't had a life changing reversion to my older self, but I do feel improved if only slightly. I've ceased to be on the verge of tears all the time about random things, and have suggested going for a walk to my husband a couple of times. Since he is a fitness freak and I have spent weekends hiding from him for years, desperate to avoid exercise of any kind from being so exhausted, this is a big deal to me! I'm really hopeful of what further improvement there might be in the coming weeks and months. Hope things continue to go ok for you too!

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2023, 08:09:26 AM »

Silverberry - VitD tablets may help with that inertia.  4 me it's head tiredness rather than all body weariness.

SarahT

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023, 09:00:11 AM »

Silveryberry that's so lovely to hear.
No dramatic changes for me after tweaks over the last 9 months .... But last couple of weeks have been a lot better.  And I'll take any improvement. Considering how bad I was before I began hrt and a disastrous time a couple of weeks ago. Slowly does it for me.

Exercise is wonderful for me physically and mentally, so that's a fantastic way forward for you to feel that way.

And Emma, your post must have given a lot of relief and encouragement to others who are new to hrt.  So a valuable post to put out there.

I don't see hrt as a cure, but to support me and improve symptoms. That'll do me!

Wish you well

Silverberry

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2023, 09:39:22 AM »

Silverberry - VitD tablets may help with that inertia.  4 me it's head tiredness rather than all body weariness.

CLKD I'm on a temporary high dose of prescribed vitamin D as I am usually winter deficient. Levels were back to normal after a few months of treatment but it didn't improve my symptoms sadly. I'm glad something is finally starting to change though. A few weeks ago just standing leaning on the kitchen worktop whilst my husband was cooking for us was too much effort and I had to sit down. It was a bizarre feeling and not like the tiredness I've had before periodically when my vitamin D has been low. I'm hoping this improved feeling is not a temporary fluke. If HRT doesn't help with that then investigations will have to continue and I have two family members with ME. I would much rather it be down to perimenopause and hopefully manageable.

SarahT

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 10:03:52 AM »

Hi Silverberry,

Just to say of my own experience, that being peri my own natural cycle definitely does 'interfere'  with my being exceptionally tired. In the week or So before my period is due ( on mirena coil, so no bleeds but some pms symptoms) I can have a massive dip in energy levels at this point and my moods are horrendous,but let's not go there.. Can feel like I am swimming through mud, so tired and mentally sluggish.

So maybe worth a mood diary to see if you notice any cyclical changes at the same time each month that affect this worsening tirdeness?  Whilst not a  way to help it, it may benefit you to expect this rhythm if this is the same case for you. I use a mood diary to help me note a pattern.

Take care

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023, 11:46:33 AM »

Hello ladies.

Silverberry hello and welcome to the forum.

I see that you have been prescribed high doses of Vitamin D to treat your deficiency.

I am post meno and on a medium dose of HRT but also supplementing with various vitamins including Vit D.
 Your comments made me smile because I am the opposite and hope that my tiredness is due to low Vitamin D as I think this will be much easier to regulate than the HRT that I have used for the Meno!
We are all different of course and I am sure that you will soon have all your peri symptoms under control.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Emma74

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 03:43:56 PM »

Hi there! I'm almost 1 month into Evorel patches and apart from curious bad dreams mentioned in a separate post, I have no side effects to report. Like you I haven't had a life changing reversion to my older self, but I do feel improved if only slightly. I've ceased to be on the verge of tears all the time about random things, and have suggested going for a walk to my husband a couple of times. Since he is a fitness freak and I have spent weekends hiding from him for years, desperate to avoid exercise of any kind from being so exhausted, this is a big deal to me! I'm really hopeful of what further improvement there might be in the coming weeks and months. Hope things continue to go ok for you too!

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better if not life changing. I know what you mean about the energy, ive been mostly agoraphobic for the past three years. Lucky if I can make it into the office twice a week which is a major win for me. I used to love walking and I suppose I still do but more than a mile at a time and I'm completely wiped out. Slow and steady wins the race!