Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is Evorel Sequi/Conti giving me bad dreams?  (Read 1359 times)

Silverberry

Is Evorel Sequi/Conti giving me bad dreams?
« on: May 03, 2023, 07:26:58 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm 3 weeks into a trial of Evorel 50 patches. Not much to report so far. I've stopped crying all the time and my mood generally feels improved. I don;t have boundless energy but I do feel a bit more normal tired as opposed to can't get up exhausted. I've been sleeping ok (compared to crippling insomnia beforehand) and my dry eyes etc are still dry but not quite as bad. I'm hopeful for further improvements as time goes on. I haven't really had any negative side effects, no sore boobs or headaches for example, but in these last 3 weeks I must have had about 6 nights with really horrible vivid nightmares. The kind that make you feel really bad psychologically/emotionally. It's almost as if I am dreaming all my deepest darkest worst fears into life, and the bad feeling from them is staying with me into the day. I did a search on here for 'nightmares' and there seems to be a lot of people listing nightmares as a peri menopause symptom. I didn't have that on my very long list of things before, I feel like it's a new thing since commencing on the patches. I'm just wondering if it's a thing? (it's not in the list of side effects on the information leaflet) And if so, can anyone report if it settled as your body got used to the change in hormone level? I'm ok with it being a hopefully temporary side effect, and will take comfort from having this verified if anyone can confirm it, but if no one associates nightmares with Evorel/HRT then I think I might need to see someone, lol!

Perinowpost

Re: Is Evorel Sequi/Conti giving me bad dreams?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 07:33:50 AM »

Hi Silverberry

I sometimes get it if I up my oestrogen; and I also get it a few days into the progesterone phase. It’s unpleasant isn’t it? It’s all looking positive apart from that so hopefully it will settle for you x