Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Side effects from Estriol cream  (Read 670 times)

choc57

• First Flush
Side effects from Estriol cream
« on: May 02, 2023, 04:14:20 PM »

I've been using Estriol cream since last summer, no problems until recently and as I have a prolapse it means I can comfortably use a pessary which has been a life changer for me. However I have recently started with some alarming health problems and on reading the accompanying leaflet am wondering if they're down to Estriol. Flashing lights in eyes,  raised blood pressure and itchy red patches on my skin.
I'm wondering whether anyone else has had any similar side effects from Estriol or any other type of hrt? X

Flossieteacake

Re: Side effects from Estriol cream
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 04:50:21 PM »

Hello Choc and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are experiencing this. I am unsure if you would develop side effects to the Estirol as you have been using is a while now. Is it possible you are reacting to something else? I think it would be helpful for you to see your GP and get the itchy patches checked out along with the other symptoms you have mentioned.

On the other hand, you could stop using the cream and if your symptoms go then you will know that was the cause.

choc57

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 07:41:11 PM »

Thanks for replying. I used it last Friday for the last time and will wait and see what happens. I have an appointment on Friday with a nurse so will chat to her about it. I read online about the effects of oestrogen building up in the brain over time which sounded scary and made me wonder if that's what's happened. Anyway I'll give it time and see if the symptoms disappear x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 07:49:25 PM »

Please try not to google things. You could ask on here instead. I have never heard of oestrogen building up in the brain, in fact it can cause a feel good feeling in people. Estriol cream is so mild that it is often used daily. I use Ovestin cream daily and have done for two years. :)