Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Thrush - what’s causing it, HRT, mini pill or both??  (Read 549 times)

Kai_63

Thrush - what’s causing it, HRT, mini pill or both??
« on: May 02, 2023, 04:22:18 PM »

I’m perimenopausal and until recently was on microgynon (combi pill for contraception) with no issues such as thrush.

Gynaecologist has now put me on Lovima mini pill, oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan pill 14 day cycle  orally which I’ve only been taking for 10 days so far.

I’ve developed thrush which I don’t usually get but don’t know if I just need to up my oestrogel to three pumps or if one of the medications has caused it?

Is it likely to settle down in a few weeks or should I try something else?

Flossieteacake

Re: Thrush - what’s causing it, HRT, mini pill or both??
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 04:46:38 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear you have thrush. Have you been run down at all because I know that can cause me to get thrush. Have you treated the thrush? It may be just a coincidence and you would have got thrush anyway.

Kai_63

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 05:39:25 PM »

Thank you, not run down any more than usual! I generally don’t get thrush so it is surprising.

I did a Canestan BV and thrush test just now and it’s stayed yellow but with blood spotting so I guess I should speak to the doctor now.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 05:40:58 PM »

I do not think the at home tests are accurate from what I have read so it is a good idea you are going to make an appointment to see your GP. I hope you let us know how your appointment goes. :)

Kai_63

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 05:42:49 PM »

Ah OK thank you  :)