Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause bleeding on mini pill  (Read 628 times)

Elle 77

• First Flush
Perimenopause bleeding on mini pill
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:27:21 PM »

Hi there, im new to the forum but finding it very helpful. Im in perimenopause at 45, first signs very heavy prolonged periods after being regular always.  Flooding and clots etc. Had blood tests which show in peri and clear smear test. Nurse put me on cerelle to try first. Im just starting 4th month but have bled constantly, in fairness the last 5 weeks have been mostly  light spotting ,  with not really cramps. Its still enough that i need to wear pads , im thank ful that the flooding has stopped , but this is never ending.   Ive read it may be helpful to stop the pill for 4 days and re start , wondering if anyone has experienced this ? Many thanks !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perimenopause bleeding on mini pill
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 08:27:46 AM »

Morning.  Sorry that you haven't had a response to your query  :welcomemm:

If the bleeding is becoming less, I wouldn't stop/start.  MayB put the product name into the search box to see if threads pop up?

Booroo

Re: Perimenopause bleeding on mini pill
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 09:21:53 AM »

Hi there, im new to the forum but finding it very helpful. Im in perimenopause at 45, first signs very heavy prolonged periods after being regular always.  Flooding and clots etc. Had blood tests which show in peri and clear smear test. Nurse put me on cerelle to try first. Im just starting 4th month but have bled constantly, in fairness the last 5 weeks have been mostly  light spotting ,  with not really cramps. Its still enough that i need to wear pads , im thank ful that the flooding has stopped , but this is never ending.   Ive read it may be helpful to stop the pill for 4 days and re start , wondering if anyone has experienced this ? Many thanks !

I’m about 4 months I. On hrt think I’m peri I’m 50  been on double dose mini pill for progesterone bit been total pain with bleeding bled for 5 weeks then stopped cos reduced gel then had to up it again and it’s p,aging silly buggers again,with bleeding I’m v limited to what I can take and next review is month instead of 3