Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Feeling low hormonal?  (Read 7605 times)

SarahT

Re: Feeling low hormonal?
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2023, 01:44:39 PM »

Hello Tori,

I am on patches so don't know anything about increasing the gel as and when basis. Like you, I know 100% know my worse dips are very much cyclical. On this basis, my g.p increased my patch from 75 to 100, throughout the month. This is to try to stabilise the natural cycle,  and avoid the pms devastating mood swings.... Only been on the higher dose for 3 weeks, but so far I do feel improved physically, and slightly less intense mood swings.

This is the 'pms' week, so remains to be seen how this week goes. On coil, so I don't get bleeds. So far so good.

Is it worth talking to a gp.\ Nurse about your cyclical moods?? They may be able to advise about increasing your gel. My own g.p said pms \pmdd can be greatly affected during peri.

She also said I could take anti anxiety medication just in that week if my moods crash. May be worth considering?

Bless you for saying I sound strong. .... Last month I was sobbing at my husband begging for him to make it stop, make it all to away. So like you, it fluctuates madly, but I am seeing improvements, hope it lasts!
Hence the need for therapy. It's a need to try to stop feeling so overwhelmed at all this. I HATE any attention being on me too, but I so want to improve how I feel.
Perhaps go small.steps, get the hrt does to sort your needs, and just know there may be other options you can add in.

Please do post when you need to.  Have you seen now many have read this thread? And why... Because the original post and the replies ring true with so many of us.

Hope today gets a better day for you. Keep in touch whenever you need to

Xx

ToriiJ

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2023, 04:08:27 PM »

Thanks so much both of you for your help. Just to feel not so alone gives me a boost.

I suppose just having some hope is what I need and I know there is still a lot I need to try. I think I will up my dose to 3 pumps and see how it goes. Really keeping my fingers crossed for you Sarah that the stronger patch overrides the devastating dips you get. Sorry to hear you’ve had it so tough. All of this will definitely make us stronger.

Thank you both soooo much, you’ve no idea how much you help xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2023, 04:37:15 PM »

Thanks so much both of you for your help. Just to feel not so alone gives me a boost.

I suppose just having some hope is what I need and I know there is still a lot I need to try. I think I will up my dose to 3 pumps and see how it goes. Really keeping my fingers crossed for you Sarah that the stronger patch overrides the devastating dips you get. Sorry to hear you’ve had it so tough. All of this will definitely make us stronger.

You are most welcome. 🤗

Losingtheplot

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2023, 05:29:27 PM »

Hi hunni please do not feel you have hi jacked the thread. This is for us all to post on its helped me to know that there are others out there feeling same as me. So honestly post as much as you want too  :) The advice and tips given help us all xxx

ToriiJ

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2023, 07:38:10 PM »

Hi hunni please do not feel you have hi jacked the thread. This is for us all to post on its helped me to know that there are others out there feeling same as me. So honestly post as much as you want too  :) The advice and tips given help us all xxx

Aw thanks and I’m glad this has helped you too. Just to not feel so alone helps so much doesn’t it xxx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]