Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Feeling low hormonal?  (Read 7621 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Feeling low hormonal?
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2023, 05:40:24 PM »

So sorry this is a familiar feeling to you. I am glad you know the signs and what to look for and will ensure you reach out. Even if it just on here. We all care and want to support you.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2023, 05:45:17 PM »

Yes it is I have suffered depression and anxiety since 13 years of age. But this does feel different as its not everyday I feel like this which is the hardest part as I never know when it will hit me.
So feel this is hormonal however with my history I do feel trying Ads too is sensible. Thank you once again xxxx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2023, 06:07:23 PM »

Yes it is I have suffered depression and anxiety since 13 years of age. But this does feel different as its not everyday I feel like this which is the hardest part as I never know when it will hit me.
So feel this is hormonal however with my history I do feel trying Ads too is sensible. Thank you once again xxxx

You are so welcome. I hope things improve soon once the AD's kick in. :)

SarahT

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2023, 06:21:30 PM »

You said the other day that you would speak to a g.p about maybe some form of counselling? If may be worth talking about this still.
It was a 3 weeks ago when I had,.of the blue a suicidal thought, just fleeting but scared me so much that made me know I had no choice but to seek further help.
Like you I would never act on this this, but Flossie is right. You should speak up about this. To talk of through with someone who is trained to listen and advise.

I know, like you, what depression is and this feels different. And I trust you still understand you are in no way weak or at 'fault'. Please.do seek further help, you are doing so well, getting hrt regime altered, on Ad's which will take time to give the full effect to work.

As Flossie says, (such wise words as always) people on here care and support you - as you in turn do for us. Xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2023, 08:52:12 PM »

Hi SarahT

Thank u hunnixxxx I can imagine just how scary that awful episode would of been for you. And you are doing amazing at getting help with your therapy Thsnk you for being so honest and sharing this with me Xxxx I  have felt calmer these past few hours. How can I feel so low and dark then totally different second part of the day??? The Ads will hopefully help me as they have in past. Understand they take time. I have an appointment with GP in just under 2 weeks time and will explain to her how I have been feeling.

Thank u for all being there Flossie and SarahT I just needed reassurance to make me get thru my earlier scary  meltdown you really are both so lovely and I know you have your own awful symptoms to contend with so I really appreciate your posts big love to you both xxx
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 04:18:58 AM by Losingtheplot »

ToriiJ

« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2023, 12:12:46 PM »

I can feel like that too, one part of the day just feeling terrible with no hope and then towards the evening I can feel ok and then the next day the cycle starts again. I don’t get it.

Anyway, really hoping you ladies are doing ok today, if not remember it won’t stay this way. That’s what I tell myself all the time  :-*

Flossieteacake

« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2023, 12:25:02 PM »

Hi SarahT

Thank u hunnixxxx I can imagine just how scary that awful episode would of been for you. And you are doing amazing at getting help with your therapy Thsnk you for being so honest and sharing this with me Xxxx I  have felt calmer these past few hours. How can I feel so low and dark then totally different second part of the day??? The Ads will hopefully help me as they have in past. Understand they take time. I have an appointment with GP in just under 2 weeks time and will explain to her how I have been feeling.

Thank u for all being there Flossie and SarahT I just needed reassurance to make me get thru my earlier scary  meltdown you really are both so lovely and I know you have your own awful symptoms to contend with so I really appreciate your posts big love to you both xxx

You are most welcome. 🤗

Losingtheplot

« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2023, 01:53:51 PM »

I can feel like that too, one part of the day just feeling terrible with no hope and then towards the evening I can feel ok and then the next day the cycle starts again. I don’t get it.

Anyway, really hoping you ladies are doing ok today, if not remember it won’t stay this way. That’s what I tell myself all the time  :-*

Ahh really so you get like this too? Have you spoken to your Gp about it? And do you find anti depressants or anti anxiety meds help you?Big hugs hunni x
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 01:57:46 PM by Losingtheplot »

SarahT

« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2023, 02:12:58 PM »

All I know is that because some of you ladies are feeling the same, it gives me a lot of strength to know I m not alone in this.

Tori you are right, it does not last, and  it will pass, but like losingtheplot I sometimes, when it hits me  bad, also need the reassurance. Someone to remind me of this. In my 'saner' moments I can see that clearly, but when it hits me... That's when I reach out too because nothing makes sense.

Just glad we can all help calm each other when we need it.

Xx

ToriiJ

« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2023, 03:15:49 PM »

Hi there

I haven’t spoken to my GP about this, I really don’t have much faith in my GP unfortunately so I try to work things out for myself. I’ve been on the same ADs for around a couple of years now and at first they helped but now they don’t seem to be having any affect, even with a higher dose.

I’m so sorry to read that you as well Sarah are struggling. I’m currently having a bad day, depression seems to have hit hard today and feeling ‘normal’ seems a distant memory even though yesterday was a better day, but it feels like it never happened.

Hugs to you both xx

SarahT

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2023, 03:25:00 PM »

Hiya Tori,

Sadly we understand the good day followed by the bad day all too well. You advise us well, please know  this will pass, despite how you feel right now.

Can you speak to a different gp at your surgery? A nurse, maybe? Someone there who is more understanding?

I have recently referred myself, online, on the NHS talking therapy service so I can talk all this through with someone. Is this something that may benefit you? I
I  have used Ad's in the past, but right now I need to talk in depth with someone, as I do have good and ok days, so I am not anxious severely every day.I just need help on the worse days, and to help me from feeling so overwhelmed with a lot of things.

Tori, I return your hug tenfold. It will pass, and I am sorry you are having such an awful time. With you in spirit. Write whenever you need to if it helps.

Always someone here for you xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2023, 03:26:15 PM »

Hi there

I haven’t spoken to my GP about this, I really don’t have much faith in my GP unfortunately so I try to work things out for myself. I’ve been on the same ADs for around a couple of years now and at first they helped but now they don’t seem to be having any affect, even with a higher dose.

I’m so sorry to read that you as well Sarah are struggling. I’m currently having a bad day, depression seems to have hit hard today and feeling ‘normal’ seems a distant memory even though yesterday was a better day, but it feels like it never happened.

Hugs to you both xx

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Perhaps it is worth trying a different AD? Sometimes they do seem to lose their effectiveness. It is tough not having a good GP. I know it can be hard to change surgery but perhaps you could talk to a different GP at the practice.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2023, 07:08:28 PM »

Hi Toriij

Sorry to hear your having a bad time too. My morning was awful. I feel for you hunni it will pass like you told me and you were so right. At the time it happens it is so very difficult to see this though. I would urge you to consider seeing a different Gp if poss like the other ladies have suggested to see what support is available for you. Ive only just started Ads past few days hope they help me like they have in past time will tell. Ive felt more stable this evening thsnkfully. Xxx

SarahT
I have signed up to some kind of therapy awaiting an assessment to see what therapy is best suited for my situation and symptoms.
Hope you and Flossie are both well big hugs xxxx

ToriiJ

« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2023, 12:35:52 PM »

Sarah thank you so much for your reply. I never seem to speak to the same GP, sometimes I can’t speak to one at all although having said that I could make more effort. I hadn’t thought of speaking to a nurse, a good idea. I have thought about therapy but have never been that keen on it, I think I just hate talking about me but I should be more open. Thank you for your hug, it’s means a lot and I return it back to you  :-* I hope the therapy helps you. You sound very strong x

Thank you Flossie. I have been thinking about changing ADs, I’m just nervous in case they make me feel worse, having said that I’m not sure I could feel much worse today.

Thank you also Losingtheplot. I’m sorry you had an awful morning yesterday but great that you felt stable in the evening, it shows it’s in us somewhere - the stability.

It was Easter that I last felt this awful which is around 4 weeks ago, so it does seem to be cyclical. Trouble is it takes a while to pick myself back up again so don’t feel like I’m getting much of a break.

I’m on 2 pumps of oestrogel and was considering upping my dose a week prior to when I seem to crash, not sure if that’s a good idea or not.

Anyway sorry to go on, I seem to have hijacked the thread. How are all you ladies doing? x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »

Sarah thank you so much for your reply. I never seem to speak to the same GP, sometimes I can’t speak to one at all although having said that I could make more effort. I hadn’t thought of speaking to a nurse, a good idea. I have thought about therapy but have never been that keen on it, I think I just hate talking about me but I should be more open. Thank you for your hug, it’s means a lot and I return it back to you  :-* I hope the therapy helps you. You sound very strong x

Thank you Flossie. I have been thinking about changing ADs, I’m just nervous in case they make me feel worse, having said that I’m not sure I could feel much worse today.

Thank you also Losingtheplot. I’m sorry you had an awful morning yesterday but great that you felt stable in the evening, it shows it’s in us somewhere - the stability.

It was Easter that I last felt this awful which is around 4 weeks ago, so it does seem to be cyclical. Trouble is it takes a while to pick myself back up again so don’t feel like I’m getting much of a break.

I’m on 2 pumps of oestrogel and was considering upping my dose a week prior to when I seem to crash, not sure if that’s a good idea or not.

Anyway sorry to go on, I seem to have hijacked the thread. How are all you ladies doing? x

If you feel more comfortable to you could post a new thread where we can support you.

It is hard to have therapy especially when not being used to talking about yourself but it gets easier and sometimes the very thing you need to do is to talk about yourself.

You could try increasing the gel to another pump but I would do this every day to keep the levels stable. Sometimes increasing oestrogen can really help a low mood especially if it is hormonal.

I understand the fear of trying a new AD. Perhaps try the extra pump of oestrogen first and see if that helps at all.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8