Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Feeling low hormonal?  (Read 7625 times)

Katherine

Re: Feeling low hormonal?
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2023, 08:22:13 AM »

I use femfresh, the unscented one, it never hurts or stings. It’s like a shower gel but designed for the private area.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2023, 08:52:08 AM »

Thank you xx

SarahT

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2023, 10:20:56 AM »

Hi Katherine,

I use unscented baby wipes to clean with. Am religious not to use anything perfumed either, and showers not baths. Then I use unscented Sanex which seems ok for me.

As for Sylk,should it be available again soon, I use it as an external moisturizers ,around vulva as Ovestin on outer parts stings a little for me. But I also use Sylk in the -ahem- bedroom department too as I prefer the feel from other lubricants, and it is far kinder on my skin,externally and internally. Without putting anyone off their lunch, a dab inside myself, and a playful dab or two on husband\toys. Sorry for that, but let's be honest.
Sorry if that's a bit much, but with everything else we deal with,  bedroom stuff when we're up for it, needs to be as comfy and enjoyable as possible. 😍

ToriiJ

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2023, 12:36:44 PM »

Hi Sarah, thanks for your message.

I’m glad your mood is a bit better so far and hoping it stays that way. I’m very much like you and my moods appear to be cyclical. I seem to be having a bit of a dip now but have increased my gel so hoping it stops myself from spiralling. It seems the further I spiral downwards the harder it is to get back up again.

I am also going to look into cortisol levels, another thing and one of many things I’ve learnt from this forum.

I like to cuddle my cats selfishly too  :) although they are not keen I think they know I love them.

Katherine

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2023, 01:01:08 PM »

Hi Sarah,

Thank for the info, I will try the products you suggested. Don't worry about saying too much, it is all very relevant and helpful, the more info the better. xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2023, 07:58:46 PM »

Hi Katherine,

I use unscented baby wipes to clean with. Am religious not to use anything perfumed either, and showers not baths. Then I use unscented Sanex which seems ok for me.

As for Sylk,should it be available again soon, I use it as an external moisturizers ,around vulva as Ovestin on outer parts stings a little for me. But I also use Sylk in the -ahem- bedroom department too as I prefer the feel from other lubricants, and it is far kinder on my skin,externally and internally. Without putting anyone off their lunch, a dab inside myself, and a playful dab or two on husband\toys. Sorry for that, but let's be honest.
Sorry if that's a bit much, but with everything else we deal with,  bedroom stuff when we're up for it, needs to be as comfy and enjoyable as possible. 😍

You go girl !!! Not tmi and something I will use once things calm down below

SarahT

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2023, 08:18:59 PM »

;)   just saying it now I see it!  Least using these  products give almost instant relief on using. Think Sylk is not in production right now, but hope it's back on prescriptions\for sale again soon. Worth checking other threads on VA\ dryness too for alternatives.😍

Losingtheplot

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2023, 02:06:51 PM »

I can understand why you felt upset about your son not confiding in you. You love him and were worried about him. That is natural. Do you think it may help to have a bit of time off work on mental health grounds? I understand this may not be possible.

It does not sound to me like you are feeling sorry for yourself. It sounds like you are overwhelmed and going through a lot. Meno really messes with our hormones and this does have an effect on our mood.

So the last 2 /3 days have been just crippling! I am taking your advice and the advice of my family and taking some time off work! This is all getting on top of me and I honestly feel like I am having a breakdown. Ive started taking Ads this is only day 2. I have really felt scared today and yesterday that when I am getting the downs episodes its just affecting my life so much that I really do not want to be here anymore.
I really hope I can get through this but this morning and the thoughts in my head were very dark  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2023, 02:13:53 PM »

I can understand why you felt upset about your son not confiding in you. You love him and were worried about him. That is natural. Do you think it may help to have a bit of time off work on mental health grounds? I understand this may not be possible.

It does not sound to me like you are feeling sorry for yourself. It sounds like you are overwhelmed and going through a lot. Meno really messes with our hormones and this does have an effect on our mood.

So the last 2 /3 days have been just crippling! I am taking your advice and the advice of my family and taking some time off work! This is all getting on top of me and I honestly feel like I am having a breakdown. Ive started taking Ads this is only day 2. I have really felt scared today and yesterday that when I am getting the downs episodes its just affecting my life so much that I really do not want to be here anymore.
I really hope I can get through this but this morning and the thoughts in my head were very dark  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

So sorry the last few days have been so hard. Do you remember last week when you felt great? You will feel this way again. This is a horrid blip but it will pass.

It is good you have started the ADs and hopefully they will not take long to kick in.

Its really tough to feel so low but it really will pass. You have done the right thing in taking time off work. This is going to give you the time you need to rest.

How are the dark thoughts now?

ToriiJ

« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2023, 03:58:46 PM »

Hi Losingtheplot

I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through such a horrible time again. I stand with you on this crappy journey that is menopause  :( As Flossie says remember you will feel good again, even though your brain is telling you you never will. These dips are just awful aren’t they? Whenever I hit a low I really feel each time that this is it, I am never going to feel better again and each time it passes and it will for you, even though you don’t feel that way right now.

I am on ADs and have been for years, I’m not sure they are helping anymore, perhaps I need to change.

Remember this will pass, whether it passes quickly or slowly, it will pass.

Thinking of you x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2023, 04:50:22 PM »

So sorry the last few days have been so hard. Do you remember last week when you felt great? You will feel this way again. This is a horrid blip but it will pass.

It is good you have started the ADs and hopefully they will not take long to kick in.

Its really tough to feel so low but it really will pass. You have done the right thing in taking time off work. This is going to give you the time you need to rest.

Thank you yes its what I need sometime to look after myself as I  really am not coping well at the moment x yes I remember when this happened a few days back but this time the dark thoughts were more intense. They have gone now for the past few hours which has been such a relief as I kept trying to distract myself from them.
I went food shopping earlier and had an elderly driver in car park.shout at me for not looking where I was walking I did cross at the pedestrian crossing but veered off looking for my parked car. I apologised to him and he continued to rant. He could see I was on the verge of tears so I bluntly said 3 times while.he continued to rant "I have apologised to you so can we please end this now" it took all I had not to burst into tears in a public car park or then go.off and something more..... Luckily I am feeling different to earlier.now

Losingtheplot

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2023, 04:53:58 PM »

Hi Losingtheplot

I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through such a horrible time again. I stand with you on this crappy journey that is menopause  :( As Flossie says remember you will feel good again, even though your brain is telling you you never will. These dips are just awful aren’t they? Whenever I hit a low I really feel each time that this is it, I am never going to feel better again and each time it passes and it will for you, even though you don’t feel that way right now.

I am on ADs and have been for years, I’m not sure they are helping anymore, perhaps I need to change.

Remember this will pass, whether it passes quickly or slowly, it will pass.

Thinking of you x

Thank you and I am so.sorry you suffer like this too. I am trying to train my mind into pushing the thoughts away I am taking Utrogestan currently on my HRT regime so can't say whether its contributing to my bad thoughts as in making them more intense but I do feel calmer than I.did earlier. I appreciate the reassurance from you too xx

SarahT

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2023, 05:05:50 PM »

Hi sweetie,

Am relieved you are starting to feel a little better later in this day. Sadly many of us know these dark thoughts, and in our more rational days we know that they do get better, as you yourself know. But whilst we are in these moments, these crashes, we cannot see clearly.

As Tori said, and she experiences these moods too, and she has to work through them knowing they do pass.

You handled yourself well in that car park, kept as calm as you could whilst feeling so low.
And look at you now,  you are taking time out, started the AD's YOU are making these changes.

You are so strong. You really are.

Take each day as it comes.  And know people care.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2023, 05:15:20 PM »

Thank you yes its what I need sometime to look after myself as I  really am not coping well at the moment x yes I remember when this happened a few days back but this time the dark thoughts were more intense. They have gone now for the past few hours which has been such a relief as I kept trying to distract myself from them.
I went food shopping earlier and had an elderly driver in car park.shout at me for not looking where I was walking I did cross at the pedestrian crossing but veered off looking for my parked car. I apologised to him and he continued to rant. He could see I was on the verge of tears so I bluntly said 3 times while.he continued to rant "I have apologised to you so can we please end this now" it took all I had not to burst into tears in a public car park or then go.off and something more..... Luckily I am feeling different to earlier.now

You are very brave to stick up for yourself with the mean driver. I am so glad the dark thoughts are not present right now. Have you spoken to your family about these thoughts? If not then please make an appointment to tell your GP. Such thoughts should not be ignored.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2023, 05:37:24 PM »

You are very brave to stick up for yourself with the mean driver. I am so glad the dark thoughts are not present right now. Have you spoken to your family about these thoughts? If not then please make an appointment to tell your GP. Such thoughts should not be ignored.

The thoughts are not there all the time or everyday and I do have a history of depression and anxiety. I have shared things with my family but not about the dark thoughts as today was the first day i have had them so intensely. I won't act on them though as I have been here before when I had post natal depression. But that was a black cloud all day every day and this isn't a constant feeling nevertheless I will let my GP know. I really hope the Ads help me like they have in the past.  Thank u for reaching out to me x
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8