Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Feeling low hormonal?  (Read 7619 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Feeling low hormonal?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2023, 06:37:07 PM »

The jittery feeling sounds like anxiety. It is horrid and very uncomfortable.

I notice in peri moods can be up and down so perhaps this is what is happening with you. It is lovely you enjoyed time with your dogs. :)

SarahT

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2023, 06:50:34 PM »

First apologies for all the ridiculous auto corrects in my post. Don't always remember to check them first.. They can make my sound a proper weird person .... ;D

I can't always fathom how our moods can alter so rapidly either. All I can think is there's just so much going on, physically, mentally and in 'normal day to day life' we just to into overload?? The unstability can be one of the worse thing... Feeling pretty much okay can give me false hope that it's better and then I suddenly crash again.

Am hoping I can figure some of this out if I get the therapy referral. I like to be armed with knowledge and better understanding. If I know what I am actually dealing with and why, it helps me try to work on ways to work with it if that makes sense?

I want to say thanks to everyone for their honesty in expressing some of their dark thoughts they have at times. It shocked and scared me a couple of weeks ago to suddenly, briefly, feel that bad, when I know that's not the 'real me',   and the honesty I read on here from others has really helped me realise that sadly this isn't always uncommon. It also pushed me to seek for counselling.

I too feel very supported.

Enjoy playing with your daft dogs!  Right now you feel sooo good, so laugh. You deserve it.  xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2023, 07:02:01 PM »

First apologies for all the ridiculous auto corrects in my post. Don't always remember to check them first.. They can make my sound a proper weird person .... ;D

I can't always fathom how our moods can alter so rapidly either. All I can think is there's just so much going on, physically, mentally and in 'normal day to day life' we just to into overload?? The unstability can be one of the worse thing... Feeling pretty much okay can give me false hope that it's better and then I suddenly crash again.

Am hoping I can figure some of this out if I get the therapy referral. I like to be armed with knowledge and better understanding. If I know what I am actually dealing with and why, it helps me try to work on ways to work with it if that makes sense?

I want to say thanks to everyone for their honesty in expressing some of their dark thoughts they have at times. It shocked and scared me a couple of weeks ago to suddenly, briefly, feel that bad, when I know that's not the 'real me',   and the honesty I read on here from others has really helped me realise that sadly this isn't always uncommon. It also pushed me to seek for counselling.

Enjoy playing with your daft dogs!  Right now you feel sooo good, so laugh. You deserve it.  xx

That is so lovely to hear. :)

PS, I did wonder why you mentioned Hounslow but the realised it must have been a mistake. ;D

Losingtheplot

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2023, 07:03:12 PM »

The jittery feeling sounds like anxiety. It is horrid and very uncomfortable.

I notice in peri moods can be up and down so perhaps this is what is happening with you. It is lovely you enjoyed time with your dogs. :)

Ahh ok I see yes it sounds possible. I dont have periods on my current contraceptive so can't judge whether I am peri or post. Ahh I love my dogs. They both know when I am not myself and cuddle into me so much they are amazing at making me feel so much better

Losingtheplot

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2023, 07:12:37 PM »

Ahh hunni I so relate to the see saw of feeling good to crashing back down as you know from my posts. Today was very difficult for me and yet again the support has been just amazing. This is a lifeline for me being on this forum it really is. I hope I don't dip as low as I did today and if I do I will read back on this post with all the lovely kind advice and words and know its happening to alot of people. My dogs are daft  ;D ;D ;D ;D like their mam  ;D ;D ;D and as for typos no one here cares about that hunni we are just keeping ourselves afloat so no issues with that  ;D Also I couldn't of put it better myself about the honesty and how much you have all shared I am sorry for posting so much today but you have all got me thru it and I will help anyone anyway I can if you need a shoulder/rant etc xx I sincerely couldn't ask for a better group of ladies to have supported me today xxx 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 07:18:09 PM by Losingtheplot »

SarahT

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2023, 07:29:40 PM »

Yeah. so you all just made me cry.  It's all about sharing and supporting, whether it be fantastic practical advice or that desperately needed shoulder to cry on.
Never apologise for thinking you are posting too much in a day. There's always going to be someone here for you. And thankfully for any of us.😍

And where the hell did the word Hounslow get into a previous post???!  Glad I made Flossie smile even if in a bewildered way! I just hope  it was a typo and not some random thought screeching through my poor mind. It's been a long long day.. 😂

Xx

Katherine

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2023, 07:40:27 PM »

I can feel a group hug coming on  :hug:  :)

Losingtheplot

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2023, 04:33:46 AM »

Yeah. so you all just made me cry.  It's all about sharing and supporting, whether it be fantastic practical advice or that desperately needed shoulder to cry on.
Never apologise for thinking you are posting too much in a day. There's always going to be someone here for you. And thankfully for any of us.😍

And where the hell did the word Hounslow get into a previous post???!  Glad I made Flossie smile even if in a bewildered way! I just hope  it was a typo and not some random thought screeching through my poor mind. It's been a long long day.. 😂

Xx

I must admit Hounslow did have me a little confused but did make me chuckle too  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

We are an emotional bunch its these bloody hormones   ;D ;D ;D ;D can't do without them but they test us each and everyday xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2023, 04:34:31 AM »

I can feel a group hug coming on  :hug:  :)

I like this  :-* Xxxx

SarahT

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2023, 06:41:03 AM »

Oh I am definitely in.... Always big hugs to all.

Let's hope today is a happy day. Feeling optimistic so far....xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2023, 06:48:07 AM »

Oh I am definitely in.... Always big hugs to all.

Let's hope today is a happy day. Feeling optimistic so far....xx

Hi my lovely,

Today will be a good day - armed with all the advice from you lovely ladies and taking it slowly and not letting my brain rush ahead.  Take care sweetie xxxxx

I will pick my prescription up today and am I undecided whether to wait until the 3 months is up on my HRT to see if that calms things - however from what I have found on this forum not many people report HRT helping with anxiety/Panic/Brain fog.  I know everyone is different though. I just don't want to dip as low as I did yesterday but if it is hormonal then Ad may well not help
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 11:09:36 AM by Losingtheplot »

Kathleen

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2023, 11:11:45 AM »

Hello ladies.

I thought I would add that the internal shaking feeling and the mood changes are definitely menopause symptoms according to my trusty Meno book. It is written by a female MD who notes that they are very common and are due to hormonal changes.

Take care ladies.

K.

ToriiJ

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2023, 11:20:33 AM »

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread.

I’ve just been reading through all your posts and they do really help me so much too. I can empathise with so many of you.

Most mornings I wake up feel awful, there was a thread a while back called ‘Morning dread’ which is definitely one of my many symptoms. It’s like someone injects me with poison overnight as I can go to bed feeling ok. It usually lifts during the day but sometimes not.

Oh and yes …. moods changing literally from one minute to the next, to feeing relatively ok to then wanting to just shut myself away. Today I woke up feeling ok ish, to then feeling rubbish (depressed) out whilst walking my dog, never had that before!

Anyway, I just wanted to give all my love and hugs to you all. This menopause lark isn’t fair  :(

Flossieteacake

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2023, 11:21:36 AM »

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread.

I’ve just been reading through all your posts and they do really help me so much too. I can empathise with so many of you.

Most mornings I wake up feel awful, there was a thread a while back called ‘Morning dread’ which is definitely one of my many symptoms. It’s like someone injects me with poison overnight as I can go to bed feeling ok. It usually lifts during the day but sometimes not.

Oh and yes …. moods changing literally from one minute to the next, to feeing relatively ok to then wanting to just shut myself away. Today I woke up feeling ok ish, to then feeling rubbish (depressed) out whilst walking my dog, never had that before!

Anyway, I just wanted to give all my love and hugs to you all. This menopause lark isn’t fair  :(

Sorry to hear this ToriiJ. It is rotten feeling so low out the blue.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2023, 11:46:46 AM »

Hello ladies.

I thought I would add that the internal shaking feeling and the mood changes are definitely menopause symptoms according to my trusty Meno book. It is written by a female MD who notes that they are very common and are due to hormonal changes.

Take care ladies.

K.

Ahh thanks for this hunni that's reassured me as I was starting to worry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8