Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Changing from Oral to Transdermal - Dosage question  (Read 1695 times)

Mica

• First Flush
Changing from Oral to Transdermal - Dosage question
« on: April 29, 2023, 09:58:04 AM »

Hi, I’ve been reading comments on this forum for a while now and find it really helpful.  Although this is my first post to ask you lovely ladies.  I’m 49, Peri and started HRT Aug 2022, initially Femoston 1/10 which was then increased to 2/10 after 3 months.  It has helped some of my symptoms, but recently some of the symptoms have started to come back albeit not all the time. GP agreed to switch to separate Oestrogel and Utrogestan, so I could increase more easily, and has started me off on 2 pumps. However looking at the BMS equivalency guide I see 2 pumps appears to be only equivalent to the 1mg oral.  Is this right, am I understanding this correctly?  I’m now really stressed about changing regime, as I don’t want to go backwards, as even though some symptoms have come back I am better than I was before starting HRT. Any advice, thoughts.  Thanks in advance.

SarahT

Re: Changing from Oral to Transdermal - Dosage question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 10:10:07 AM »

Hi Mica,

Whilst I am unfamiliar with using gel form of hrt, I just know someone will be along to help with the equivalents.

I think most forms of hrt need tweaking, I am peri too, so obviously our own natural oestrogen is all over the place so we sometimes need to adjust the hrt at times.

Just wanted to welcome you and say hello. As you say there is a huge amount of knowledge, experience and support on this forum.

X

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 01:30:10 PM »

https://www.womens-health-concern.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/27-WHC-FACTSHEET-HRT-Doses-NOV2022-A.pdf

Page 3 gives you the equivalent doses.

A 2mg pill is roughly equivalent to 2 pumps of Oestrogel.  You may need 3 pumps if you’re getting symptoms on a 2mg tablet.

Mica

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 01:13:10 PM »

https://www.womens-health-concern.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/27-WHC-FACTSHEET-HRT-Doses-NOV2022-A.pdf

Page 3 gives you the equivalent doses.

A 2mg pill is roughly equivalent to 2 pumps of Oestrogel.  You may need 3 pumps if you’re getting symptoms on a 2mg tablet.

Thanks Dotty, that is a useful guide.  At least with gel it should be easier to increase if I do need to.

Mica

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 01:16:21 PM »

Hi Mica,

Whilst I am unfamiliar with using gel form of hrt, I just know someone will be along to help with the equivalents.

I think most forms of hrt need tweaking, I am peri too, so obviously our own natural oestrogen is all over the place so we sometimes need to adjust the hrt at times.

Just wanted to welcome you and say hello. As you say there is a huge amount of knowledge, experience and support on this forum.

X

Thanks for the welcome SarahT  :)