Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Light bleeding  (Read 1580 times)

Ruthie

Light bleeding
« on: April 28, 2023, 07:55:38 PM »

Hi all,
I'm 59 and am now two months in to using Everol Conti patches (for minor meno symptoms and secondary oesteoporosis treatment). All has been well, and my 'irritable' bladder has improved so much. About a week ago I got swollen/hard breasts, and have had a light bleed for  the first few days and now very light bleed (panty liners are sufficient) now - so about seven days continously. I assume the breast symptoms were PMT as they have subsided. Any suggestions re, if bleeding doesn't stop), how long before I should speak to my Dr? For context,  I had a polyp removed a few months ago and an ultrasound and biopsy confirmed that all was in good health, so I'm not worried that the bleeding is caused by anything but the HRT. I'm away on a long holiday in three weeks, and the bleeding will be problematic then.
Any advice would be most appreciated.

Dotty

Re: Light bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 06:18:33 AM »

Hi breakthrough bleeding can happen for up to 6 months when starting any hrt.

Ruthie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 06:28:51 PM »

Thanks Dotty. The bleeding has stopped now,  hopefully will be less next time!

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 01:06:39 PM »

Hi all,
I'm 59 and am now two months in to using Everol Conti patches (for minor meno symptoms and secondary oesteoporosis treatment). All has been well, and my 'irritable' bladder has improved so much. About a week ago I got swollen/hard breasts, and have had a light bleed for  the first few days and now very light bleed (panty liners are sufficient) now - so about seven days continously. I assume the breast symptoms were PMT as they have subsided. Any suggestions re, if bleeding doesn't stop), how long before I should speak to my Dr? For context,  I had a polyp removed a few months ago and an ultrasound and biopsy confirmed that all was in good health, so I'm not worried that the bleeding is caused by anything but the HRT. I'm away on a long holiday in three weeks, and the bleeding will be problematic then.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
  I am 60 and 4 years into using Evorel Conti. I got bleeding every month just like a period (after the initial 3 months of using only half patches) for about a year but it gradually reduced to a trickle.  I was pushed into having a hysteroscopy in 2020 because of a 4.5mm lining but nothing was found at all. They couldn't even take a biopsy because the lining was too scanty. I stil get small amounts with period like pain  if I forget to change the patch/remove one and forget to apply the new one after my shower. My main reasons for continuing with it (together with Vagifem) are Vaginal atrophy and preventing osteopenia from getting worse. I am considering trying a reduction to half patches but I need to go and collect my latest bone density scan result from the GP practice this afternoon. I should have had it in January but the reception claimed not to have received it! When I told them that it had been sent out to them, they suddenly found it!
The practice won't give me any more patches until I have completed their review questionnaire. It is possible that they might try to stop me having it.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 01:24:09 PM »

Katejo, I think you need minimum 50mcg for bone protection. They may not be familiar with the updated NICE guidelines, they used to say you should stop at 60 but now there is no age limit.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 02:46:46 PM »

Katejo, I think you need minimum 50mcg for bone protection. They may not be familiar with the updated NICE guidelines, they used to say you should stop at 60 but now there is no age limit.
  Yes I know that the age limit no longer applies but I don't know whether the GP is aware of that. Even a meno doctor at the hospital once (when I was about 58) suggested to me that I would have to stop at 60.

I am on Evorel Conti 50 now. I have just been to my GP to pick up my latest bone density scan result. Unfortunately, the quality of the print out is so poor (lots of black fuzz on the text obscuring words and figures)  that I can't read it well enough to be sure of the result. I am about to email the clinic which did it to complain!  I just want to see how much difference 4 years of HRT has made if any. I only had mild osteopenia last time, not osteoporosis.

Monsoon48

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 04:29:35 PM »

Hi,
I am post menopause, had ovaries removed last September 2022, still have womb, started HRT 1 year ago, April 2022, on Evorel 50 patch and Utrogestan 100 tablet. Seemed to improve my menopause symptoms, until 4 months ago, been getting severe  lower backache, pain in my hips and digestive problems/ histamine intolerance. In the last 2 weeks I have now switched to inserting the Utrogestan 100mg tablet vaginally, unfortunately in the last 3 days, I have noticed slight spotting!? I am concerned as I have never experienced this before.