Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Burning tongue  (Read 1549 times)

Losingtheplot

Burning tongue
« on: April 27, 2023, 07:43:39 PM »

Hi Ladies

So past few days I have noticed a burning sensation on my tongue mainly tip but spreading to the underneath now.

Apparently this is yet another menopausal symtom and my tongue feels on fire.

Has anyone experienced this? And if so can you recommend anything to help. I am currently on HRT but wondered if any OTC products any one has used for this issue.

Flossieteacake

Re: Burning tongue
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 07:48:17 PM »

I am sorry you are experiencing this. When I get it I do not find anything helps me. I try drinking lots of water and using more mouthwash. Hopefully somebody will have a good suggestion but I just wanted to post to let you know you are not alone. :)

Losingtheplot

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 06:39:43 AM »

I am sorry you are experiencing this. When I get it I do not find anything helps me. I try drinking lots of water and using more mouthwash. Hopefully somebody will have a good suggestion but I just wanted to post to let you know you are not alone. :)

Hi Hunni
Thank you for the advice.  :)

I will increase my water intake however I already am at the toilet a lot with my bladder!  ;D ;D ;D ;D.  I may ask the pharmacist for something possibly Bongela that has helped me for sore mouth in the past.  So I may give that a try.  I have found mouth wash dries my mouth out even more so use that sparingly.

On a funnier note brain fog galore!!  I had bought my lunch into work yesterday and totally slipped my mind and I ended up getting something from the staff canteen.  This morning when I opened the work fridge there was my sandwich and I thought to myself "Oh thats the sandwich I like" then it dawned on me when I saw something else next to the sandwich that it was my blooming lunch from yesterday  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D this has never happened to me before and I did have a lot on my mind yesterday but seriously!!

Anyway on a positive note will serve me as my lunch today  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;

Minusminnie

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 07:04:22 AM »

My husband had burning tongue a while back and was advised to use mouthwash on a regular basis for a while.  I was also getting him different toothpastes to try until he hit on one that was ok for future use.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 07:16:10 AM »

My husband had burning tongue a while back and was advised to use mouthwash on a regular basis for a while.  I was also getting him different toothpastes to try until he hit on one that was ok for future use.

Hi hunni,

Ok thank you for the advice that is very helpful.  I will try mouthwash more often and funnily enough I have changed from my usual toothpaste to a diff brand/type so that may well be causing some of the issues too  x

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 07:48:39 AM »

I used to get a really sore tongue (not so much burning).

I found taking decent dose of b12  sorted it. I take a spray daily.

Worth a try?  :)

Losingtheplot

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 08:13:47 AM »

I used to get a really sore tongue (not so much burning).

I found taking decent dose of b12  sorted it. I take a spray daily.

Worth a try?  :)

Ahh that's interesting!  Thank you.  Defo worth a try - I will research where I can pick some up, sorry if I am being thick but do you literally just spray it on the area that's sore? 

CrispyChick

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 10:26:11 AM »

;D. No, it was about increasing my levels of b12.

I just happen to use a spray version (better you) Maybe it does help that I spray it in my mouth  ;D

Losingtheplot

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 11:37:35 AM »

;D. No, it was about increasing my levels of b12.

I just happen to use a spray version (better you) Maybe it does help that I spray it in my mouth  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D brain not functioning as you can tell  ;D

Katherine

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 09:28:25 PM »

Losingtheplot you spray b12 under your tongue and it goes straight into your bloodstream. I use betteryou, you can buy at Holland and Barrett. X

Losingtheplot

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2023, 04:02:42 AM »

Losingtheplot you spray b12 under your tongue and it goes straight into your bloodstream. I use betteryou, you can buy at Holland and Barrett. X

Ahh fab thanks for this hunni makes sense to me now  :)

CrispyChick

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2023, 09:13:43 AM »

Just to add, I think cheek is better abdorption than under tongue. Better u suggest cheek, I think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2023, 11:00:27 AM »

It may be something in the toothpaste the you use.  I had forgotten how awful and instant the feelings can be, when I altered mine a couple of years ago the sensation went: the other day however whilst away, I was using another brand.  Within moments that burning began: under the tongue, up into the side of the cheek inside as far as the eyes  :-\

Losingtheplot

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2023, 11:12:34 AM »

It may be something in the toothpaste the you use.  I had forgotten how awful and instant the feelings can be, when I altered mine a couple of years ago the sensation went: the other day however whilst away, I was using another brand.  Within moments that burning began: under the tongue, up into the side of the cheek inside as far as the eyes  :-\
[/quote

Ooooo wow that sounds awful! You poor thing mine isn't as extreme as that and actually seems to have calmed down a lot past few hours. I havent changed anything either to make it go away so I don't know if its linked to hormones or just reactions either way its calmed down for now! Although I will take onboard all of the helpful advice from you lovely lasses

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2023, 12:32:54 PM »

Often it's SLS in the product, it's a foaming agent.  It started 4 me a few years back: sugars in particular react: bananas, sugar on fruit, sugar in tea  >:(
Pages: [1] 2