Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: chronic illness and menopause, symptoms returning, can HRT be increased?  (Read 695 times)

Sunriser

Hi everyone, after a lot of success on HRT I'm noticing symptoms returning after a couple of years. I'm on Evorel Conti and Estradiol for vaginal atrophy.

My symptoms are insomnia, irritability, constipation but the worst is chronic fatigue.  I've noticed my symptoms returning gradually this last few months. I have pre-existing chronic illnesses and this fatigue is becoming unbearable, bearing in mind that I'm used to managing fatigue over the years. Nothing is helping it. My life (such as it is) is grinding to a halt and I just want to function for my family and partner.

I had tried all types of HRT before using Evorel Conti and it has been brilliant. I got my GP to refer me but the menopause clinic has a 6 year waiting list as my referral has been triaged as routine.

My question is can/should I ask for a stronger Evorel Conti patch? I just looked at the box and couldn't see any details for the dosage. Or is this just as likely to wear off after another couple of years??
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!  :wub:

discogirl

Hi Sunriser

Im so sorry your symptoms have returned.

im by no means experienced with things hrt but i understand that after sometime on one type of hrt a change of regime maybe necessary.

can i ask are you peri or post meno.

i dont suffer from VA myself but i know some other ladies do and hopefully they will be along to advise on that.

i use oestrogel. i have tried patches last august and again quite recently but i seem better on the gel and i take a utrogestan every night.

i do hope you get sorted out xxx

Sunriser

HI, thanks for the reply, I'm post meno. Started at 48 and am now 53. x

discogirl

hi Sunriser

you could try increasing the evorel conti patch as youve been settled on that and see how it goes xx

discogirl

one other thing Sunriser might be worth getting your estrogen blood levels checked just to see what they are.

it maybe that you may be better on an alternative hrt, gel or something. it could be over time that youve stopped absorbing the patch as well.

these are just my thoughts x

Dotty

Hi to increase oestrogen then you will need to move to an oestrogen only patch and a separate progesterone. Evorel Conti only comes in one strength.

So you could move to a 75 patch or switch to gel. x