Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Travelling abroad with Tostran  (Read 1645 times)

Stow Helen

• First Flush
Travelling abroad with Tostran
« on: April 26, 2023, 11:46:52 AM »

Hi everybody

I'm new on here and wanted to ask for advice about travelling abroad with a Tostran pump.

I'm flying to Mexico via the US in July with just hand luggage (small suitcase and a smaller rucksack). I know the size of the canister is ok as is only 60g, and could just be placed into the clear bag with my other fluids. But wondering if I will be allowed to take the canister into the cabin? I don't think it's strictly an aerosol, more of a pump, but I know aerosols aren't allowed in the cabin, only in the hold. Wondering if to decant as much as I need into a small pot, but then I would worry that they would need to see the original packaging to see what it is?!

Also I know testosterone is a 'controlled substance', so am wondering I might get any grief generally. Should I alert the customs staff to the fact that I'm carrying it, or is that risking them taking it off me?

Would love to know if anyone has any experience of this. Am I getting myself into a state about nothing? :-)

Thank you wise women x

sheila99

Re: Travelling abroad with Tostran
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 12:31:14 PM »

I had no problem flying to Lima with it in my hand luggage last year.

Jellyb

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 02:36:54 PM »

Hi
Although I'm no longer using it, I got a list of my prescriptions from my surgery and intended to keep that with my medication when travelling.

Stow Helen

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 06:31:19 PM »

Thank you so much for your help. I will now chill out  ;D

EDSer in Ireland

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 07:27:42 PM »

You got your answer already, but I just wanted to add  -- I ALWAYS take my medications into the cabin with me, mainly because bags can get lost or delayed.

By law, the airlines must allow you to take any medical equipment or medications (in reasonable quantities -- over 100ml is also accepted). If necessary, they must allow you to carry on an extra bag with medical supplies at no charge. It is best to keep the meds in the packaging with the pharmacy label on it if you're bringing several weeks' supply.  I've been travelling frequently over the last 12 years between/around Europe and the US and I'm on tons of medications, several of which are controlled substances. I've learned a lot about medical clearance out of necessity. You'll be grand! Hope you have a wonderful trip!   :)

Cookie25

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 09:20:53 PM »

Hi!

I've flown twice recently in the UK and just take an extra clear bag in addition to my toiletries and put my hrt in packaging as well as the repeat prescription slip. I just tell them as I put it in the tray that it's medication and I've had no issues and one of my items is tostran x