Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Itchy ****ly sensation  (Read 903 times)

Calendula

Itchy ****ly sensation
« on: May 30, 2023, 06:21:54 AM »

Hi, does anyone know if an itchy ****ly sensation on the face ( a bit like sunburn but without the redness ) could be a symptom low estrogen  levels. I have vaginal atrophy nd have been getting this sensation in my face on and off for the past few weeks. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Itchy ****ly sensation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 07:29:46 AM »

Lack of oestrogen may cause the body to become dry: inside and out.  Keep on with the VA treatment - I use vaseline in the yellow bottle for dry skin, DH uses Nivea.  Skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, between the toes  ::); scalp - all may become dry.  As well as aches and pains . 

Calendula

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 02:07:56 PM »

Thankyou I thought as much
Not on any  VA treatment yet, not had a face to face yet, I had a phone app and she said it sounds like VA but she wanted to examine me first but she gave me caneston hc cream to use for 2 weeks and an app for following week. I had to cancel my app cos I had a stomach bug  so am waiting for my app next week. The cream stopped the itching and swelling on my Labia but since stopping the cream it has come back 10 fold :(
It is unbearable at times, very embarrassing as well. One doc from my surgery told me I couldn't have estrogen due to having Breast Cancer in the past so I'm waiting to see one of the femail gps. Why is it so hard now to get an app ..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 04:29:43 PM »

NOOOOOOOO - U do not need Canaston without a swab being sent to a LAB nor does she need to examine you. 

I had breast disease in the 1990s and my GP never hesitated in giving me VA treatment.  It's HRT and GPs freak out !  >:(

Do ring the surgery in the morning and tell them that you require VA treatment.   I hope that you feel better, if you have symptoms cancel the appt so as not to pass it on.