Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 69 years and advised to go back on sequi  (Read 2149 times)

jaydee

69 years and advised to go back on sequi
« on: May 25, 2023, 08:41:25 AM »

Well, as the heading suggests, I’m 69 years old, been on HRT for 26 years.  I take oestrogel and utrogestan 100 continuous, but have experienced some bleeding in the 10 months I’ve been taking it. Had hysteroscopy, although still waiting for results.  Meanwhile consultant has suggested I go back to a suquential regime.  What I’d like to know is, you ladies that have a long cycle,  how does it work?  Do you take utrogestan for 4 weeks and have a couple of weeks off or do you take utrogestan 200 for 10 days and have a month on oestrogel only?  Sorry if this sounds daft!

sheila99

Re: 69 years and advised to go back on sequi
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 08:46:50 AM »

I take 200mgx12 days per 6 week cycle so the same dose as for 'normal' sequi, I just have more oestrogen only days.

jaydee

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 08:52:11 AM »

Thankyou, that’s what I needed to hear.   :)

Bindi

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 01:16:54 PM »

Hi jaydee
I know you heard wat you needed im just asking hun are u Ok..im 60 and feeling you at 69 dealing with this stuff could be hard ..just thought i would ask lovey.

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2023, 03:17:16 PM »

Hi everyone

I'm sorry to cut in on this thread, however I appear to be another lady not tolerating utro.

I'm post meno and I've been thinking about taking utro on a sequi regime. I wondered  the 200mg sheila99 that you take, I presume you take this orally? do you know if there's anyway this could be taken vaginally at all, as I don't tolerate utro orally it seems and definately not at night on that dosage xxx Thanks

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 05:25:11 PM »

I've taken it orally for the last 2 cycles but vaginally for the previous 4 years. I just tried rectally and have abandoned the idea - definitely not good without lube  :o   ;D

discogirl

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 06:20:21 PM »

hi sheila99

sorry rectally didnt work fo you. can i ask if you dont mind me being intrusive would it be ok with lube?

when you used the cyclical basis vaginally was it 2 of the 100mg capsules inserted vaginally at the same time and was it for 12 days out of 6 weeks?

also can i ask why did you stop using it vaginally?

sorry for all the questions but i think this regime msy work for me i just need to take it vaginally.

my only thing is 100mg vaginally at the moment gives me horrendous anxiety i dread to think what 200mg would be like.

thanks so much xxx

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 08:32:45 PM »

Without lube the skin tore. They're smaller than what comes out so I presume it would be OK. I don't have anything for VA and a bit concerned that I might use something that stops it dissolving. If I knew more about it I might try again.
I tried orally just because I got fed up with the mess vaginally, ended up using a pad at night for 18 nights. I was pleasantly surprised to find it improved sleep this way instead of making it worse. I use 200mg whichever way. I tried 100mg vaginally only for one cycle but didn't bleed. I don't bleed every cycle anyway so it's possible I wouldn't have bled anyway. I didn't find the lower dose made much difference to how I felt but of course we're all different. Some people use as little as 100mg x 7 days vaginally so that may be an option for you though I think this way it's really important to have scans to make sure there's no build up. Good luck!

discogirl

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2023, 06:32:39 AM »

Hi Sheila99

Thanks so very much for your time and information it really is a help.

I have bought some of the lube from yes, the water based lube and I think I will trial it rectally every other day to see if it helps. As I use the utrogestan in the morning I was a bit concerned regarding absorption, as obviously I'm not lying down!!
However, I have gleaned information from Besins and other sites that utrogestan is absorbed quickly, however this is information for using utrogestan for fertility purposes. I did email Besins regarding absorption times however as vaginal use is off licence in the UK they would not give me any information.

One option is to use 100mg vaginally at night for 12nights over 6 weeks even, to see if it helps.

Thanks so much for your help and I hope you are well xxx

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2023, 08:56:24 AM »

I use 100mg every second month for 12 days, vaginally, get a good bleed like this, been using it this way for many years.

jaydee

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2023, 09:41:34 AM »

Whopeee….just had letter confirming my biopsy is all clear.  I’ll be going back on sequi…….although annoying, I can live with it as I’ll at least know when to expect a bleed.  I used to take utrogestan 200 vaginally but as others have said….the mess….. plus by taking it orally, I’ll get a good nights sleep!

discogirl

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2023, 09:56:35 AM »

Hi jaydee,

I'm so pleased about your biopsy, well done xxx