Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 1023 times)

Bandango42

Advice needed
« on: April 17, 2023, 04:16:43 PM »

Hi

I'm going on holiday tomorrow and really wanted to avoid having a bleed which would have been due whilst away, so I decided to delay starting my utrogestan tablets for a week.

I'm currently using evorel 75 patches and 200mg for 12 days.

I came on today (of all days) which is day 19 of my cycle so I'm not sure what I should do now? Should I start the utro anyway or just let the bleed continue? I want to limit the bleeding if possible but I've no idea of this is an 'actual' period, build up of womb lining due to delaying utro or even just a blip.

Would the utro stem the bleeding or lighten it? I'm not sure really how progesterone works to be honest.

Any advice would be much appreciated. And yes, I know I'm silly for messing with my hrt but this holiday is a long time coming and I'm in a long distance relationship so don't get to see my partner often and wanted to be intimate and be able to swim at least!

Hurdity

Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 09:06:25 AM »

Hi Bandango

Your post got missed and now you're on holiday. Maybe you can read MM while away?

The issue of delaying periods in complex, because it depends where you are in menopsue, whether peri or post, as well as what regime you are on - as to whether it is possible to delay bleeding. Easy if post-meno. If you came on anyway sounds like you are peri and not a lot can be done about this unless for the future you might want to think about a Mirena coil which can stop periods. I would definitely take the progesterone now that you have started bleeding. Not sure if it can work that quickly in stopping the flow though, but depending how long your holiday is, then once you start the prog, then don't stop as you might bleed again at the end of the cycle? If the bleed is a breakthrough bleed then if you don't take the utro you may continue bleeding on and off. Very difficult to tell and I appreciate your dilemma.

I hope that whatever you decide you have an enjoyable holiday with your partner and there are other ways to be intimate...you certainly don't need to stop swimming - that's never been an issue that you can't swim while having a period! You probably need to use tampons though and maybe you don't like these?

All the best

Hurdity x

Bandango42

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 04:44:12 PM »

Hi hurdity

Many thanks for replying, it's much appreciated. I started the utro the same day I came on. Still bleeding pretty heavy at the mo so hoping it starts to lighten soon. I knew delaying wasn't a given but hoped it would, never mind! It's so frustrating because I've been pretty much very regular for the last 11 months and had no signs anything was on its way. I'm still in peri btw. Can't use tampons so most definitely can't swim. Which is a real shame. We're in cape Verde and it's just beautiful.

But thank you for taking the time to reply xx

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 05:41:37 PM »

Sod's law, exactly the same thing happened to me  >:(. Hope you enjoy your holiday despite it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 06:00:27 PM »

Take time to smell the ?? roses ?? over there?  Blue skies.  ...... and breath ;-)

Bandango42

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 01:37:35 PM »

So due to me trying to delay my bleed, this month's cycle is now messed up and I'm not sure what to do to get back in sync. Can anyone advise please?

Delayed utro and was going to start taking on day 22 instead of day 15 to see if I could avoid the withdrawal bleed on holiday. Started to bleed anyway on day 19. As advised by Hurdity, I started the utro the same day to try and curb the bleeding. That didn't happen but continued to take it anyway.

So I'm now on cycle day 28, day 10 of utro. I only stopped bleeding yesterday which means if you count the day I started bleeding this month as day 1, I've taken my utro for the first 12 days of my cycle instead of my last.

Going forward, do i:

A) if I have a withdrawal bleed in a few days count that as day 1 and take utro again 15 days later
B) if I don't have a withdrawal bleed (as there may be nothing left) wait to naturally bleed again and count that as day 1, bearing in mind I might not get a natural bleed next month
C) if I don't get a natural bleed next month, when do I start taking utro again??

I hope this makes sense, I know it's pretty complicated! I wish I'd never messed about with it now, it was all going so well 😩

DottyD68

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 01:51:20 PM »

Hi,

I try and keep it simple and take utro based on calendar date I.e. 14 days off 14 days on 14 days off 14 days on irrespective of bleeds. If you are getting your own breakthrough bleeds as well as withdrawal bleeds there is no way you can keep things in sync imo. At least I know with this regime I am taking the correct dosage of porgesterone to manage my womb lining (hopefully). I just keep a note of bleeds when they happen.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 03:20:28 PM »

Welcome back from your holiday!

Bandango42

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023, 03:58:46 PM »

Thanks CLKD! Also both of us caught covid on day 3 so all in all not the best holiday we've ever had 😂

And thank you Dotty. I appreciate that's the simplest way for many women however, until this month I'd had no breakthrough bleeding for about 9 months and had synced the utro perfectly so ideally I'd like to get back to that instead of having 2 or more bleeds per month. I'm sure it'll sort itself out, it may just take me a few months.