Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and Oestrogel - anxious  (Read 807 times)

Tynkabelle

Utrogestan and Oestrogel - anxious
« on: April 25, 2023, 06:26:49 AM »

I am a long time use of HRT, coming up to 25 years due to ovarian cancer as a youngster.

Been using the same one (Cyclo-Progynova 2mg) for a good 10 years and sadly it is no more as it’s an old style version but worked for me, so no choice but to change - hence now feeling quite anxious.

As of yesterday been prescribed Utrogestan 100mg to be taken daily and Oestrogel - 4 pumps, although clarifying if that one is daily or for a couple of weeks.

Anyone tried this mix? Experience issues? Appreciate we all react differently - I’m anxious re the possible side effects especially the feeling drowsy with the Utrogestan?

Dotty

Re: Utrogestan and Oestrogel - anxious
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 07:03:46 AM »

Hi are the Cyclo Progynova tablets being discontinued ?

If you are changing to Oestrogel then the equivalent dosage for a 2mg tablet would be 2 pumps of Oestrogel not 4 . You use the Oestrogel every day . If you are on a continuous regime of hrt then you take the Utrogestan every day. If you are on a sequential regime then you take it for 2 weeks out of every 4 weeks.

Lots of ladies use Utrogestan without any side effects…me being one of them 😊. Keep asking if you’ve got more questions.

Tynkabelle

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 02:09:23 PM »

Hi Dotty

Many thanks for your message, sounds positive that you have no effects, fingers crossed I will be ok - have had nightmares over the years trying different ones, hence me not wanting to change.

Cyclo-Progynova is no more on the UK system - The Dr showed me her system and it’s greyed out. I have been in contact with chemist/wholesalers and they can’t get it either - now this did happen in 2020, supply issues etc. but they seem certain that UK will not have it anymore as it’s an old type of HRT - I will still keep looking as it did work for me.

The Dr came back to me and clarified I am on continuous so I have to take both the tablet and gel every day with no break and yes, I have to take 4 pumps of the gel daily

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 03:34:05 PM »

https://thebms.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/HRT-Practical-Prescribing-AUG2018.pdf

If you look at the bottom of page 1 you will see that the equivalent to 2mg tablet is 2 pumps.  If you us e4 pumps of gel then you will be doubling the dose of oestrogen.

Yes, you use both everyday if you on a continuous regime.

Tynkabelle

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 08:51:37 AM »

Many thanks, will take a look.