Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling!  (Read 2170 times)

Kathleen

Re: Struggling!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2023, 11:45:36 AM »

Hello Losingtheplot

I am so sorry that you are suffering but as you can see you are not alone.

In the past I had horrendous anxiety attacks on waking, they would literally jolt me out of my sleep. The anxiety would then move up and down my body in waves. It was horrible and all that happened before getting out of bed!

Thankfully that phase has now passed along with most of the other physical symptoms.  These things do change over time and it is true to say that 'this will pass'.

I completely understand how frustrating it all is however and there is every reason to explore every treatment available.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Katherine

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2023, 01:03:35 PM »

I think you’re doing the right thing losingtheplot by exploring your options on ways to help yourself. If you are having panic attacks and feel overwhelmed then I think you are right to explore anti depressants and therapy,etc, to get yourself to a place where you feel more stable and at peace. All the while being kind to yourself and knowing it’s ok to have difficult days and that all your feelings are valid.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »

Hi

You have had lots of lovely replies, and everyone was fantastic with me when I posted about needing support.

What I will say is, it will pass, don’t fight this feeling or put pressure on yourself to be happy. This is what I do and I find it makes me feel worse.

Just say to yourself today is a 💩 day, but it will pass as quick as it came.

Be kind to yourself, something I’m trying to learn too.

I stopped HRT back in February after being on it since June 22 as didn’t feel it was working. I felt great at first, but I’m back on it as struggling with symptoms.

I was on 2 pumps of gel, and wondered if I was on too much as upped to 3 pumps (advice of my private menopause clinic).

I’m peri menopausal and wonder if this was too much for me, so I’ve decided to use just 1/2 pump a day and see how I’m feeling as I emailed Dr Currie and she said sometimes less it more.

Sending you a massive big hug. Xxxx

Hi Peanut31

Thank you so much this is great advice and I will try to be kinder to myself like you suggest. And you are so right today has been a better day for me  :) I had very faint symptoms of a panic/anxiety attack this morning but nothing on the scale they have been! So I think the HRT Sandrena  estradoil that I am using is started to help me! Which is good. I am pleased your new HRT is working for you. Xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2023, 01:25:53 PM »

I think you’re doing the right thing losingtheplot by exploring your options on ways to help yourself. If you are having panic attacks and feel overwhelmed then I think you are right to explore anti depressants and therapy,etc, to get yourself to a place where you feel more stable and at peace. All the while being kind to yourself and knowing it’s ok to have difficult days and that all your feelings are valid.

Hi Katherine

Thankyou for making me feel better about things. Today has been a better day for me. My brain and thinking is sharper I feel more myself and defo a lot less anxious so I do feel its hormonal
I have done some exercise today and that always seems to help me. Obviously motivation isnt always there to do some but I know I will better after.
I do feel like the new HRT is starting to help  :)

Katherine

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2023, 01:45:25 PM »

Losingtheplot that is so good to hear and to see you smile! I can tell you are a strong person. X

Losingtheplot

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2023, 02:09:32 PM »

Hello Losingtheplot

I am so sorry that you are suffering but as you can see you are not alone.

In the past I had horrendous anxiety attacks on waking, they would literally jolt me out of my sleep. The anxiety would then move up and down my body in waves. It was horrible and all that happened before getting out of bed!

Thankfully that phase has now passed along with most of the other physical symptoms.  These things do change over time and it is true to say that 'this will pass'.

I completely understand how frustrating it all is however and there is every reason to explore every treatment available.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Lovely helpful words thank you for understanding and also reassuring me. Take care xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2023, 02:20:45 PM »

Losingtheplot that is so good to hear and to see you smile! I can tell you are a strong person. X

Ahh hunni that is so kind of you to say. Thank u. I sincerely mean that. We are all very strong to share our stories on here and you have been such a support to me.
I think you also hit the nail on the head on a previous post where you stated how much us poor ladies go through from onset of puberty onwards.
I was thinking of my experiences how as a teen I was self conscious, lacked confidence, then in my 30s struggled with a new born baby, 40s onset of peri meno! When do we ever get a break  ; ;D ;D ;D
Xxx

Katherine

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2023, 07:05:49 AM »

Exactly losingtheplot, we have to be strong from a young age, we go though so much and so we must look after and be kind ourselves. Xxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2023, 07:19:14 AM »

Hi losingtheplot

I really hope you start to feel better soon, your HRT and anti anxiety meds should start to help very soon, and you have the option on antidepressants which also work on anxiety. I’m not very knowledgeable about them but apparently there are some to avoid if you have sleeping difficulties. I have heard good things about sertraline. You might find that your hrt is sufficient though. It sounds like you need to really take care of yourself and do whatever it takes to feel better. And the main thing, try to keep in mind that this is only temporary and you will get through this time.

Sending hugs,
Katherine

Hi Ladies,

Just an update to say that I have started to feel alot like my old self again in the last couple of days!!

I do think the HRT is helping as I have now been on Sandrena 0.5mg gel for 10 days and the anxiety has calmed down massively as have the awful crippling panic attacks!!  I could feel a very faint one this morning with palpitations but with the advice of a lovely lady on this forum deep breathing helped me control this so I didn't even have to take an anti anx med!

I have been taking Ashwagandha and well woman multi vits alongside HRT so unsure if the combination is what has helped or just the fact my body is getting Oestrogen.  Either way I am feeling good - still have other issues joint pain, loss of libido etc which I am working on but the most crippling symptoms for me anxiety and panic attacks seem under control.

So ladies thank you for reassuring me that things would improve!  Not that I doubted any of you for one second but as you all know when we are going thru these awful periods it is difficult to see when it will end!

Thank you again and wishing the very best to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jaypo

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2023, 07:38:49 AM »

So happy to hear that news my lovely,we're tough old gals,onwards and upwards xx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 09:48:33 AM »

So happy to hear that news my lovely,we're tough old gals,onwards and upwards xx

Thank you Jaypo we sure are !  xxxxxx

SarahT

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2023, 09:59:56 AM »

Thank you for posting a happy message!

Am so pleased for you feeling so good. 😍 xx

Katherine

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2023, 10:01:30 AM »

Yay, I’m so happy for you, that fab news! Xxxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2023, 12:57:07 PM »

Thank you ladies  :)  I don't doubt that there may be more hurdles and bumps along the way (hopefully not too many!) but I now have the confidence to realise that things can improve once my body responds to  HRT/Vits/Therapy/Meds that are right for me.

And that there is some light at the end of this tunnel called Menopause!!

For now things seem stable at least for some symptoms

Thanks again everyone xxxxxxxxxxx

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 01:00:15 PM by Losingtheplot »
Pages: 1 [2]