Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nausea Every Morning I Wake Up  (Read 3154 times)

Shellyjayne

Re: Nausea Every Morning I Wake Up
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2023, 04:51:01 PM »

Hi HebridesForever

I too have/do suffer from nausea all day.  I sailed through the menopause (12 yrs post) but just after covid hit us all around lockdown I started suffering from dreadful digestive symptoms including nausea as well as terrible VA. The nausea would strike and this would go on for months, feeling sick all day (not actually being sick though) but like you I also felt better in the evening, when stomach was full. I eventually got VA under control with Vagifem but the digestive problems have stayed with me.  I have been on and off lanzoprazole since then (currently off it for three months) nothing really worked. Under gastro doc and again nothing came up there after colonoscopy, endoscopy, scans and bloods. So as it all came at the same time as VA it’s either hormonal for me alternatively could be stress related as I was under awful pressure during lockdown as own my own business employing several people. Although appreciate everyone was under pressure at that time. I am not in hrt apart from Vagifem.

I haven’t had this now since 31st March, so I am hoping it won’t come back, but I know from past experiences it possibly will.

So just posting to say you are not alone with your nausea but unsure what courses it. think  it’s possibly anxiety being caused by hormones, the anxiety  then causes the digestive issues. It feels like a viscous circle 🙈

shellyjayne
X

HebridesForever

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 05:08:34 PM »

Hi HebridesForever

I too have/do suffer from nausea all day.  I sailed through the menopause (12 yrs post) but just after covid hit us all around lockdown I started suffering from dreadful digestive symptoms including nausea as well as terrible VA. The nausea would strike and this would go on for months, feeling sick all day (not actually being sick though) but like you I also felt better in the evening, when stomach was full. I eventually got VA under control with Vagifem but the digestive problems have stayed with me.  I have been on and off lanzoprazole since then (currently off it for three months) nothing really worked. Under gastro doc and again nothing came up there after colonoscopy, endoscopy, scans and bloods. So as it all came at the same time as VA it’s either hormonal for me alternatively could be stress related as I was under awful pressure during lockdown as own my own business employing several people. Although appreciate everyone was under pressure at that time. I am not in hrt apart from Vagifem.

I haven’t had this now since 31st March, so I am hoping it won’t come back, but I know from past experiences it possibly will.

So just posting to say you are not alone with your nausea but unsure what courses it. think  it’s possibly anxiety being caused by hormones, the anxiety  then causes the digestive issues. It feels like a viscous circle 🙈

shellyjayne
X

Hi shellyjayne

Thanks for your message and I’m pleased you are feeling okay. Like you I sailed through the past 10 years post menopause and it was September last year, out of the blue the anxiety and nausea appeared.

It is definitely a vicious circle at the moment.

Thanks
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2023, 05:11:45 PM »

Ovaries can pump out occasionally even if they have been removed but the adjoining stem left. 

It could be a sudden energy loss.  Use the Omerprazol as prescribed as well as having a light supper to build up levels.  If this doesn't resolve, maybe ask for full blood count including blood sugar levels.  Do U take statins as they can cause blood sugar problems as I discovered recently.

Let us know how you get on. 

HebridesForever

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2023, 05:22:36 PM »

Ovaries can pump out occasionally even if they have been removed but the adjoining stem left. 

It could be a sudden energy loss.  Use the Omerprazol as prescribed as well as having a light supper to build up levels.  If this doesn't resolve, maybe ask for full blood count including blood sugar levels.  Do U take statins as they can cause blood sugar problems as I discovered recently.

Let us know how you get on.

I had bloods thoroughly checked in December and getting them checked again at the start of May. I don’t take statins.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Dotty

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 05:43:35 PM »

Nausea was one of my worst symptoms of oestrogen deficiency.  It went once I was on the right dose and type of hrt. xxx

Penguin

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023, 07:17:21 PM »

I'm still in peri but morning nausea was one of my first symptoms that something was unbalanced with my hormones.
What do you do food-wise when you feel like this? If it is acid related, then having a glass of water and a small bland snack when you first get up may help give your stomach juices something to work on. I used to have either oat cakes, ginger biscuits or a banana and it helped things settle. Then food little and often so tummy never got too full or too empty.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2023, 09:01:40 AM »

That's how I try to keep nausea away penguin.

Looks like Hebrides has left  :-\

Ayesha

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2023, 09:28:30 AM »

I noticed with mine that by the afternoon the nausea had eased. For those of us with this added nuisance in our lives its important not to panic and think we are going to starve to death.

For me I managed with one slice of toast for breakfast with tea. Mid morning a dry biscuit with tea and sandwiches for lunch. By dinner time the nausea had gone and I was able to eat a good amount.

I know from experience now that mine is caused by a repetitive muscle ache caused by knitting, I have knitted for years and I know when I have done too much, I get a flare up and the first thing I notice is the nausea in the mornings.

Hopefully Hebrides will come back in the future and give an update!

Penguin

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2023, 10:21:55 AM »

CLKD I read your replies to people back when I was lurking but not confident enough to join last year and took your advice about eating every few hours even through the night! It defo got me through the worst of it  :)

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2023, 11:40:52 AM »

That's great.  Pleased that I could be of assistance  ;)

Kathleen

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2023, 12:26:31 PM »

Hello ladies.

I just wanted to add that I experienced nausea this was similar to morning sickness early in post menopause. I say it was like morning sickness but I didn't actually have this during either of my pregnancies.

I reasoned that this symptom was due to plummeting Oestrogen and my GP friend at the time agreed with me. The horrible feelings went after a while so perhaps another problem that burns itself out over time.

Yes it seems that HebridesForever has left the forum so we will never know how things have turned out which is a shame.

Take care ladies.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]