Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nausea Every Morning I Wake Up  (Read 3156 times)

HebridesForever

Nausea Every Morning I Wake Up
« on: April 24, 2023, 12:42:22 PM »

Hi

For the past 5 months I have been waking up nauseous. At times it can last all day. By the time I go to bed I feel okay and then the next morning it’s like Groundhog Day and I am back to feeling nauseous again.

I am 55 years old and post menopausal nearly 10 years. Out of the blue last September I started suffering from Anxiety and the occasional Panic Attack. It has become extremely debilitating and in between the nausea and anxiety I have had to take time off work, cancel social engagements etc.

I had various bloods and samples taken in December which all came back satisfactory. I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg which I took for 2 months. It certainly helped me sleep but there was no notable improvement with nausea or anxiety. I was then prescribed Evorel Conti which I have been using for just over 2 months. Besides the bloating over the first few weeks I still feel nauseous every morning.

I’m just not sure where to go from here and any advice would be appreciated if you are in the same boat as me.

Thanks.

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Nausea Every Morning I Wake Up
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 01:00:33 PM »

Hi and welcome.  Sounds like acid reflux particularly when you wake up.  Google and see if your symptoms match.  Acid reflux is extremely common in people over 50.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

HebridesForever

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 01:21:13 PM »

Hi and welcome.  Sounds like acid reflux particularly when you wake up.  Google and see if your symptoms match.  Acid reflux is extremely common in people over 50.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for your message.

The main symptom of Acid Reflux appears to be Heartburn which I don’t get.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 01:33:18 PM »

Heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux can all give different symptoms.  I have them all at times!

How is your diet overall?  I find that eating little and often stops those early morning anxiety/nausea surges.  It may take 3-4 weeks B4 U notice any difference, same with HRT.  The body needs to build up over a few months.

MayB try having a light supper 30 mins B4 bed?  Dry/ginger biscuits.

HebridesForever

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 01:53:39 PM »

Heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux can all give different symptoms.  I have them all at times!

How is your diet overall?  I find that eating little and often stops those early morning anxiety/nausea surges.  It may take 3-4 weeks B4 U notice any difference, same with HRT.  The body needs to build up over a few months.

Hi

My diet is good overall. I do struggle in the morning but I force myself to have a bowl of cereal or slice of toast before I go to work. I have stashes of ginger biscuits everywhere and also drink ginger tea.

I’m not giving up on the HRT yet. If it can help with the anxiety that would be BRILLIANT.

HebridesForever

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 02:11:07 PM »

I perhaps gave up too soon with the Mirtazapine and should have persevered another couple of months.

I’m going to give the Evorel Conti a longer trial and if no improvement I will give the Mirtazapine another go but as you say, give it a longer trial.

Many thanks for the advice.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 02:21:39 PM »

I hate that early morning nausea  :-\  :'(.  What time to you wake?

We talk about most things, even menopause ;-).  browse round, join in . 

Ayesha

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 02:25:57 PM »

I don't know whether this is a side effect of aging but I suffered the same for years from about the age of 55. Awful morning sickness and struggling to eat breakfast, always ending with eating a boiled sweet to relieve the nausea. It went by the afternoon which I put down to moving around and I was able to eat a good lunch and dinner.

The only thing I can possibly relate it to was the start of muscle aches that got worse over the years but since doing exercises I am no longer waking up with severe nausea but still eat the boiled sweets. Also at the same time digestive issues started to be a problem, it's all a minefield I'm afraid this aging milarky!

HebridesForever

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 02:27:28 PM »

I hate that early morning nausea  :-\  :'(.  What time to you wake?

We talk about most things, even menopause ;-).  browse round, join in .

I work Monday to Friday and I’m awake about 7am. I’m not a morning person anyway so this nausea just makes it worse. I’m exhausted by it. I dread opening my eyes in the morning..

Ayesha

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 02:33:33 PM »

The awful part of it is going away somewhere and unable to eat the amazing breakfasts, I felt a complete fool sitting there with my slice of toast when everyone else was tucking in to a wonderful big breakfast and me feeling I just wanted to throw up.

Self catering was the only way to go from then on.

I wish I had a better answer for you, hopefully someone will!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 02:35:06 PM by Ayesha »

HebridesForever

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 02:35:14 PM »

I don't know whether this is a side effect of aging but I suffered the same for years from about the age of 55. Awful morning sickness and struggling to eat breakfast, always ending with eating a boiled sweet to relieve the nausea. It went by the afternoon which I put down to moving around and I was able to eat a good lunch and dinner.

The only thing I can possibly relate it to was the start of muscle aches that got worse over the years but since doing exercises I am no longer waking up with severe nausea but still eat the boiled sweets. Also at the same time digestive issues started to be a problem, it's all a minefield I'm afraid this aging milarky!

Thanks for your message.

The GP has just phoned me and prescribed Omeprazole for 4-6 weeks to see if that helps. She suggested taking it at bedtime and see how I feel in the morning.

It’s certainly a minefield😂

Ayesha

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2023, 02:38:04 PM »

Do let us know if it helps, I didn't start Omeprazole until the last couple of years. I would be very interested to know if it solves the nausea feelings.

HebridesForever

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 02:52:49 PM »

Do let us know if it helps, I didn't start Omeprazole until the last couple of years. I would be very interested to know if it solves the nausea feelings.

Hi Ayesha

I will definitely keep you posted.

Thanks

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2023, 03:40:14 PM »

Oh those small breakfast rooms in Hotels  :( where the smell of cooked breakfast made it impossible to contemplate going although in recent years I haven't struggled as much.  Which is why we went self catering - no cooking smells, could eat when/what I wanted, the dog enjoyed her holidays.

Thinking of someone cutting in2 a fried egg  :-X even when DH cooks some for his lunch  :beaurk:  ;D

There must be a reason for early morning 'sickness' feelings.  Must be hormonal?  Would it be connected to the rise and fall?  Could you try an anti-travel sickness drug at night ? 

I take my omeprazolol in the morning to counter act any daily heartburn.  Let us know how you get on.

HebridesForever

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2023, 03:58:22 PM »

Oh those small breakfast rooms in Hotels  :( where the smell of cooked breakfast made it impossible to contemplate going although in recent years I haven't struggled as much.  Which is why we went self catering - no cooking smells, could eat when/what I wanted, the dog enjoyed her holidays.

Thinking of someone cutting in2 a fried egg  :-X even when DH cooks some for his lunch  :beaurk:  ;D

There must be a reason for early morning 'sickness' feelings.  Must be hormonal?  Would it be connected to the rise and fall?  Could you try an anti-travel sickness drug at night ? 

I take my omeprazolol in the morning to counter act any daily heartburn.  Let us know how you get on.

GP has suggested taking the Omeprazole at bedtime and see if it helps in the morning.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if this anxiety and nausea is hormonal, hence the reason I’m trying different things. It’s so difficult at times :'(
Pages: [1] 2