Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: chest sensations / discomfort  (Read 859 times)

KaraShannon

chest sensations / discomfort
« on: April 24, 2023, 01:40:26 AM »

Hi all

I must first qualify what I'm about to talk about by saying that all chest discomfort should be checked out straight away by a medical professional.

With that out of the way, I'm curious to know if anyone gets chest discomfort before a period?   

I always used to get the feeling that my inner pilot light or furnace was turned up in my chest.  I didn't get hot, but felt like something was powering up.  Tonight it felt more like just chest discomfort.

I've had cardiology checks.  I don't ever get this during exercise.  It's always just before a period and always starts at rest.  I was told there was no heart disease.  But when it's happening I wouldn't like to get up and rush anywhere, so it worries me a bit.  But if I were rushing about already, it would not bring this on.

I don't think it should be ignored and I should speak to the doctor again but I wondered how many other women get this? 

If you get something that sounds remotely similar, would you describe it to me and also let me know what your doctor thinks of it or if you've had cardiology checks. 

Another thing I do just before my period is stay up very late and worry  ::) ;D

KaraShannon

Re: chest sensations / discomfort
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 12:35:46 AM »

Just a quick check to see if anyone else gets this?

I posted it very late and wondered if it got missed because of the timing of the post.

If not, no problem, but hope you don't mind me double checking everyone, thanks  :)

Losingtheplot

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 08:30:55 PM »

Hi all

I must first qualify what I'm about to talk about by saying that all chest discomfort should be checked out straight away by a medical professional.

With that out of the way, I'm curious to know if anyone gets chest discomfort before a period?   

I always used to get the feeling that my inner pilot light or furnace was turned up in my chest.  I didn't get hot, but felt like something was powering up.  Tonight it felt more like just chest discomfort.

I've had cardiology checks.  I don't ever get this during exercise.  It's always just before a period and always starts at rest.  I was told there was no heart disease.  But when it's happening I wouldn't like to get up and rush anywhere, so it worries me a bit.  But if I were rushing about already, it would not bring this on.

I don't think it should be ignored and I should speak to the doctor again but I wondered how many other women get this? 

If you get something that sounds remotely similar, would you describe it to me and also let me know what your doctor thinks of it or if you've had cardiology checks. 

Another thing I do just before my period is stay up very late and worry  ::) ;D

Hey hunni

Ahh that must be so scary for you! Its defo worth getting more tests if you can. I get palpitations and thats at rest but sounds different to what you describe.

All I have experienced past few days is intense internal heat from inside my chest up my neck and ears for hours and hours literally like a furnace. It has stopped now but never experienced this before.

Hot flush up neck and face yes internal fire in chest no.

Hope you get the help you need from your GP to get this under control/treated/diagnosed.

How long has this been happening?

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 12:55:08 PM »

Losingtheplot

thanks for clarifying your symptoms.

It's been happening for ten years now.  I've had heart checks at my own request and they were all normal.  So I do wonder if I have a very weird version of an energy surge type thing.  It certainly has to run it's course.  Each time it's about an hour and often an abrupt stop.  My pulse is normal in that time, it just feels like something surging through my lower stomach, up through my chest, and I don't know, maybe out through my head, but less aware of that.

As soon as my period starts, it all stops.