Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel patches taken incorrectly - help!  (Read 2139 times)

Silverberry

Evorel patches taken incorrectly - help!
« on: April 26, 2023, 11:20:19 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am 2 weeks in to a trial of Evorel HRT patches. Despite sitting and thoroughly reading the very long advice leaflet on picking them up I've just discovered that I have been taking them incorrectly. Can't explain how I have managed it! Instead of using one patch 4 times for 2 weeks, then switching to the other patch, I've alternated them. I don't know why I thought this was correct, it's clearly not, but it's what I did. So instead of Sequi x 4 then Conti x 4, I've gone Sequi, Conti, Sequi, Conti.

I haven't had any adverse reaction, and as yet no bleeding. Due to my long term contraception (desogestrel) I haven't been having any bleeds for a long time so I can't comment if my cycle has been affected by this mistake. I'm feeling ok, my question is, how should I proceed? I still have 2 of each type left in the first box. Should I leave those and start the next box in the proper sequence, or should I go A, A, B, B, to use up the rest of the first box? I'm due to start a new patch this evening, so I'm hoping I can get some advice here as it'll be at least a week before I can get an appointment with my GP.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 11:40:17 AM by Silverberry »

Taz2

Re: Evorel patches taken incorrectly - help!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 08:28:57 PM »

Hi Silverberry. It's easy to muddle up when to take which patch when you first begin HRT so don't worry.

Two weeks is not very long and if it were me I would start a new box tomorrow using the patches in the right order and save the ones you have left over as spares should you need to replace a patch for any reason. I think that I would get in more of a muddle trying to use up the rest of the box before starting a new one. I really don't think the two weeks will have made much difference. Let us know how you get on. My first couple of bleeds when I began HRT would quite heavy and painful but this settled down by month three so don't be disheartened if this happens to you too.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Silverberry

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:02:16 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply Taz2, I will do that and report back if I have any problems.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 12:01:45 PM »

Yes, let us know  :)