Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel 50 can I put another half patch on  (Read 431 times)

Hrtnewbie46

Evorel 50 can I put another half patch on
« on: April 23, 2023, 01:32:41 PM »

Hi all
I’ve been on Utragestan 200mg taken vaginally and Evorel 50 patch for 6 months now and for the last two months I’ve noticed symptoms returning around the time my period is due my question is (as I lay in bed with  uncontrollable tears 😭) can I put half of a patch on to make it 75? Would you agree that it would be the osteogen too low? Thank you

SarahT

Re: Evorel 50 can I put another half patch on
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 02:41:30 PM »

Hiya,
I started on 50 estradot, then As symptoms got worse again, got the ok from my doctor to go to 75. I did this over a couple of weeks by cutting a sliver off the 75 so it was more like 62.5. I was concerned by body would be a bit sensitive to changes in dose.

However it may be worth having a word with your dr. As I have just done, as My moods got very very serious. I  have realised my moods are totally horrific when my period should be due ( I shouldn't bleed as am on mirena coil).

After seeing my Dr on Friday she explained pms\pmdd can get significantly worse during peri.

May be worth you considering this first? Talk to you dr, they may prefer you do a slight increase to see how you get on first.

My own g.p has advised me to go to 100 with an option on anti anxiety meds to use on the days leading up to my period being due.

Obviously this is what is happening to me, I would perhaps suggest you speak to your dr for advice.

I know about the tears too. Am truly sorry you are having a bad time. I wish you well.
X

Hrtnewbie46

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 02:48:03 PM »

Thank you for reply x I’ve decided to go for it and put half on 🙈 this is the second month I have felt that my hrt just isn’t working - I have started a diary so will see xx my doctor hasn’t a clue really - I will keep a close eye on how I feel and reduce if I feel it’s too much :) thanks again for reply I appreciate it xx

SarahT

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 02:53:12 PM »

Not at all! Good to share experiences with each other. I have received so much support and advice here myself.

It was starting a mood disturbs made me realise it was pms linked.
Am fortunate to have a dr interested in women's health.... Seems from this forum many gps are clueless!

Good luck to you, hope your increase does the trick. X😍