Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Morning dread  (Read 2191 times)

Ayesha

Re: Morning dread
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 02:28:56 PM »

These dreaded feelings in the morning started for me when I was woken at 3am with my husband saying I think I am having a heart attack, he was in terrible pain and panicking. NHS were amazing and stayed with us making sure everything was fine and it turned out not to be a heart problem but something else.

But from that day onwards I have suffered awful health anxiety with waking in the morning shaking with feelings of awful doom and gloom. But when I realised what was the cause I talked it down, it's only the dreaded gloom again that soon passes and usually gone by the time I am drinking my first cup of tea of the day.

Health anxiety is still there, but I laugh it off now when a medic asks if I'm diabetic because I'm shaking so much. The mind plays cruel tricks on us but at least we know we are not alone in this.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 02:29:52 PM »

Mine was so bad in the early hours that I would crawl out of bed, get dressed then sit. For hours.  Not daring to move!  The waking hormone: cortisol : can be the culprit.  Awful.

My GP prescribed propranolol to ease those early morning symptoms which really helped.  Crippling covers it.

Hi CLKD,

Big hugs hunni xxxx that must of been so.awful for you.

Do you mind me asking how long it took taking this medication before you noticed improvement?

Xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 02:52:41 PM »

You can ask, no problem with that. Problem is, that was in the 1990s so I can't remember.  I do know that it was a relief when the various medications began to work.  Now I have busy, involved, long dreams  ::) which is preferable.

Peri2022

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2023, 07:54:15 PM »

These dreaded feelings in the morning started for me when I was woken at 3am with my husband saying I think I am having a heart attack, he was in terrible pain and panicking. NHS were amazing and stayed with us making sure everything was fine and it turned out not to be a heart problem but something else.

But from that day onwards I have suffered awful health anxiety with waking in the morning shaking with feelings of awful doom and gloom. But when I realised what was the cause I talked it down, it's only the dreaded gloom again that soon passes and usually gone by the time I am drinking my first cup of tea of the day.

Health anxiety is still there, but I laugh it off now when a medic asks if I'm diabetic because I'm shaking so much. The mind plays cruel tricks on us but at least we know we are not alone in this.

That must have been so scary for you, Ayeshs. Glad you and your husband are ok. Thank you for sharing your experience and your coping strategies..you’re right, it’s important to remember that the mind plays tricks but it’s not (usually) real danger.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2023, 07:44:22 AM »

These days it's worse if I try to plan anything  :-\  :'(

2cats

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2023, 12:19:45 PM »

Hi Peri2022,

I’ve come on to this forum today to look for posts from others about awful morning anxiety and miserable outlook on life, which then disappears as the day goes on, and your normal self returns! This has been my life now for nearly 2 years. Two bereavements were the tipping point for me, I think.  I am on hrt but it’s made no difference to my symptoms whether I’m on sequi or conti regime.
My thoughts and decision making are appalling in the morning and I can’t trust what my mind is telling me. It’s less hideous if I’m at work.
I’ve been prescribed an anti depressant mirtazipine but haven’t started it yet as any others I’ve tried in last two years, give me horrible side effects. The only meds that truly work and give me no side effects are diazepam but because gps won’t prescribe easily, I have to wait till I’m on my knees before I take one.
It’s a weird observation to make as I sense my true self reappearing each day….

Peri2022

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2023, 08:12:19 PM »

Hi 2cats, sorry you’ve had such a miserable time. I experience moods very similar to what you describe. This morning my thoughts were whirling by 830 and I was so demented I made a new rule for myself: no major life decisions before 11am! That seems to be when my mood levels off and then I’m pretty much fine.
Pages: 1 [2]