Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Any one tried this?  (Read 751 times)

MrsMitch

Any one tried this?
« on: April 21, 2023, 10:02:40 AM »

Hello ladies, I know the subject of vaginal moisturisers has been discussed here extensively but I wondered if anyone has tried Vanibiss vulva balm? It's around £26 on Amazon and the reviews seem very good. I currently use coconut oil because I do have problems with other products burning. Even though I'm using oestrogen pessaries 5x week, the external area is so dry and irritated. The oestrogen cream makes no difference.
Why these things are so expensive I don't know!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any one tried this?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 10:06:12 AM »

What's in it?   I use KY Jelly and/or ovestin on the outer labia successfully.  Burning/irritation is usually due to the area being dry so lack of absorption.  Using more often could help?

Minusminnie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 02:03:54 PM »

::)I
Hello ladies, I know the subject of vaginal moisturisers has been discussed here extensively but I wondered if anyone has tried Vanibiss vulva balm? It's around £26 on Amazon and the reviews seem very good. I currently use coconut oil because I do have problems with other products burning. Even though I'm using oestrogen pessaries 5x week, the external area is so dry and irritated. The oestrogen cream makes no difference.
Why these things are so expensive I don't know!

I’ve not used this but just looked it up so thanks for posting. Seems to be new here as of jan 2020 & from the US so may explain some of the cost.

Not sure I would consider using it when out of a jar for hygiene reasons much prefer any moisturiser\emollient out of a tube or pump dispenser but maybe there is no difference ?

Ovestin on the vulva works to a greater or lesser extent for me I’m sorry that the oestrogen creams do nothing for you.

One question answered seemingly by the company on Amazon did say 100% money back guarantee but couldn’t see anyone who had tested/confirmed that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 02:06:34 PM by Minusminnie »

MrsMitch

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 04:21:31 PM »

I think I may just bite the bullet and order.
Re hygiene, Minusminnie: I keep my coconut oil in a small container in the loo and make sure I've got clean hand and never double dip with the same finger!!! But I see your point. However I've been doing this for 3 years and everything has been OK. I suppose it must be quite solid hence the jar.

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 04:41:34 PM »

Hi,

not tried it but - I would advise using an emollient thickly spread around the vulva , such as hydrmol, before washing which will protect the skin.

If there is dermatitis on the outside a short 3 week course of a ointment based steriod, will calm the area. Only a tiny  ammount should be used with a mirror to see where you need to put it.
Then once the skin has calmed introduce 0.01% estriol cream just on the outside . Again a small peas size every other day or even once a week initially, until you feel comfortable that it wont cause irritation. then increase.

Vaginal atrophy is awful, but it can be improved, by paring back what you use.

Also go knickerless, that can help.

PMX