Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help. Seeing g.p tomorrow  (Read 1757 times)

Losingtheplot

Re: Help. Seeing g.p tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2023, 06:55:30 PM »

Made me cry again there Losingtheplot! But for good reasons. 😍
So much support from everyone on this forum, you are so right. Sometimes we need practical advice, sometimes just some understanding and a virtual hug. What we give out to others comes back to us when we need it too. Thanks sweetie.x

:) :) :) :) xxxxxx happy tears are good tears xxxx take care hunni
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 06:57:58 PM by Losingtheplot »

ToriiJ

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023, 07:40:00 PM »

Thanks for the update Sarah, lots in there for me to think about too.

So good to hear your GP has been so helpful. Really hoping things work out for you. We’ll all get there eventually  :)

Peri2022

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2023, 08:06:19 PM »

Sarah, I just want to send you a big hug. I suffered deep cyclical depressions for 3-4 months last year and it was only when my therapist suggested tracking good and bad days on a calendar that I realised the gloom always descended on days 21-28 of my cycle. I started HRT and although I’m not my old self, I’m 80 percent there. I do think it was peri-related PMDD for me and I only found this out through my own detective work, trial and error and advocating for myself. This stage of life can be so so difficult and I wish you all the best.

SarahT

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 08:21:29 PM »

Peri2022,

Thank you so much for getting in touch. I appreciate you sharing your own pmdd horrible experiences too. Whilst I have always know I get cyclical pms, I never ever thought being peri would send it spiralling down so badly. Like you say, with  careful tracking of dates of worse symptoms, it makes it clearer that our own cycles have worsened. Bit of a double whammy,peri and pmdd...

I have an assessment for talking therapy in a couple of weeks, so I know counselling will be beneficial to me also. So glad I got to a good g.p to discuss all this with. Sometimes I feel like 'is it just me too weak to cope'  the  answer is NO, because  there is strength in asking for help.

It's encouraging to hear that things are improving for you, good to hear

Wish you well too, and hugs back to you xx

Penguin

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2023, 07:02:37 AM »

SarahT, don't hold back on telling them how bad you feel in the assessment and give examples of how much it is impacting your daily / family life. They are able to triage accordingly. With my crisis last year I still had to wait 16 weeks but apparently that was shorter than what it could have been!

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2023, 08:55:25 AM »

Hello Sarah T.

Thank you so much for the update. It is reassuring to know that you have the help you need and other ladies will benefit by reading your post.

Mood swings descended on me in post meno and some have been of epic proportions lol. My moods tend to fluctuate through the day probably because
Weirdly my peri meno wasn't too bad so perhaps your post meno state will be smooth as glass!

Good luck with you new regime and take care.

K

SarahT

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2023, 06:20:29 PM »

Thanks Penguin,

I will take your advice and tell them how it really is.  I had some not good thoughts last week - which is so not me! I 100% know that this is  the severe pms \pmdd ramping up,and am glad to have had the g.p enlightening me. I genuinely didn't consider this would be an issue for me when on hrt, probably because the mirena coil 'hides '  the period side of things.. It's almost like I was so wrapped up in the confusion and mess of  peri, that I forgot about periods and the connected mood dips.

And Kathleen, I am sorry you are plagued with these moods too. Can you get any help? I can only hope when (sometimes at age 56 it feels like IF) I ever reach post meno,maybe I will finally get a break from it all. My best to you too.

X

CapriCapri

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2023, 09:33:36 AM »

I hope the appointment went well.

I am peri and have been on the gel/progesterone for 3 months.  My mood swings are still horrid and sometimes I just want to curl up cry.  The brain fog has not improved either, I just can't focus.  I found some comfort in reading these posts.  I am sending big hugs to everyone and keeping everything crossed for some improvement.

SarahT

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2023, 10:17:00 AM »

Hello Capri,
Am so sorry your moods are also affecting you so much. It is horrible so know. Can you ask your g.p  if you can Tweak your hrt, someone on here said, with hrt one size does not fit all. I have increased my dose twice and swapped oral utrogestan for the mirena coil which suits me far better.

Peri and meno  is hard for some, and can feel quite lonely. Like you I get comfort from these posts. Also help, advice and support. And knowledge! I, like many, was so ignorant about peri\meno... Most of what I know is from this forum!

Do ask any question, or for some support when you need it. All in the same boat on a very rocky sea at times.

A huge hug back at you. Take care x

CapriCapri

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2023, 06:13:16 PM »

:)  Thank you Sarah.  Just being on the forum helps but I will be talking to my GP about doses etc.
Pages: 1 [2]