Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How to lower estrogen  (Read 1665 times)

Stella2

How to lower estrogen
« on: April 20, 2023, 07:45:48 AM »

Hello ladies,
I am post meno, I had some breakthrough bleeding and due to this have been taking 200 Utrogestan daily with 50 Estradot. The bleeding stopped but then I tried to take 100 Utrogestan vaginally just for couple of nights, started getting period cramps and had bleeding again. Back on 200 bleeding stopped after a week.
It is difficult being on that high Utrogestan and among other solutions, it has been suggested that I try lowering my Estradot to 25 and take 100 Utrogestan. I wonder if I should do this gradually i.e. cut a bit of the patch off to get from 50 to 25 or if it is OK to make this change straight away? i remember Kathleen has been doing it gradually but from much higher dose.
I hope that some of you had similar experience and can advise.

Flossieteacake

Re: How to lower estrogen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 08:27:46 AM »

If you are sensitive to changes then you can do it slowly by cutting a bit off but if not  you could cut your 50 patch in half to get 25. :)

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 08:52:12 AM »

Hello Stella2

Thanks for the name check lol.

It is true that when I was using patches I experimented with cutting them to reduce the dose. The only type I have used is Evorel Conti so the progesterone was included. My GP told me that it was okay to cut the patches as the matrix design means you still get the same ratio of Oestrogen and progesterone.

All the above was some time ago and after using patches I moved to pumps of Oestrogel and Utrogestan. I now have Sandrena sachets and yet again I have reduced my dose by only using half of the sachet. This is basically a 50 mcg dose which successfully controls my flushes, night sweats and VA but I am still experiencing mood changes.

Every time I have changed my dose either up or down, I have always done it gradually to give my body time to adjust.

I hope this reassures you that tweaking your dose by cutting patches or playing around with the gel is all an acceptable way to find the right regime for you.

Wishing you well and take.

K.

Stella2

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 09:00:23 AM »

Thank you both for your replies, I do seem to be sensitive and I will have to do it gradually. Unfortunately I didn't get full instructions so I thought to check as this forum is so helpful.  :)

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 10:21:11 AM »

Sorry but would you know how to do it gradually from 50-25 e.g.  in how many weeks and steps?. I was thinking to go for 32.50 for 2 weeks and then to 25.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 10:27:40 AM »

Sorry but would you know how to do it gradually from 50-25 e.g.  in how many weeks and steps?. I was thinking to go for 32.50 for 2 weeks and then to 25.

Two weeks sounds okay. You can always wait until you do not have any side effects then reduce further.

Stella2

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 03:25:14 PM »

Thank you!  :)