Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 1078 times)

discogirl

Insomnia
« on: May 01, 2023, 08:06:14 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I could do with some advice.

I have been on hrt since last august, symptoms were tinnitus, insomnia, chronic anxiety.

I have been on oestrogel since last november, started on 4 pumps of gel but realised that was too high for me as I was getting swollen breasts and felt wired. I reduced to 3 pumps about february time I think and I started taking utro orally as I was taking it vaginally.

I was getting to sleep ok but still waking up and sleep wasnt' great, so I thought i'd try estradot patches but they really didn't work for me and I went back to oestrogel. Since going back fully on the oestrogel, been back on it about 2 weeks now, just over, my sleep initially was fine but the last few nights I have not been able to get to sleep until about 3am or 4am, just like at the beginning of hrt.

What I wanted to know was I know I am supposed to take the utro continuously but would there be any merit in me trying a sequi or cyclical regime or whatever just to see if that may help my sleep. Or do you think I just need to give my body time to being back on the oestrogel again.

thanks everyone

Dotty

Re: Insomnia
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 02:47:28 PM »

Hi you probably need to give your body chance to get used to the Oestrogel . Any change in hrt is like starting again, so you need to give it time.

I don’t think changing to a sequential regime will help as there will be half of the month when you’re not taking progesterone. A sequential regime may start bleeds.

If the Utrogestan helps you sleep and you are on a high dose of Oestrogel then you could take 200mg of Utrogestan daily.

discogirl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 03:05:40 PM »

hi dotty

thanks so much for your reply.

thanks for clarifying that.

im on 3 pumps of gel as i was before. i dont really want to take 200g utro. i have heard from some women that taking double the dose can actually disrupt sleep!!

thanks so much though xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 03:26:15 PM »

I posted last week about a helpful sleep product  :-\

Here we R:

Keifr - apparently.  Again, the Daily Telegraph medical pages on Monday, 24th

A read found out that 4 weeks after substituting kefir yoghurt for the milk on her morning muesli, her sleep improved.  It apparently 'contains a high concentration of tryptophan, a precursor of the sleep hormone melatonin.  Tryptophan-enriched cereals can help!

Unfortunately they don't state which kefir
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 05:15:32 PM by CLKD »

discogirl

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 03:32:40 PM »

Thanks for that clkd.

much appreciated

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 05:15:55 PM »

Now it's about reading the small print on cereal packets  ::)