Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help………womb lining of 8mm!  (Read 2522 times)

Katejo

Re: Help………womb lining of 8mm!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2023, 06:28:38 PM »

There are lots of articles and reports at the moment about unnecessary hysteroscopies for women on hrt.
I was pushed into having a hysteroscopy when my lining was only 4-5 mm (and I was on HRT). Nothing was found. The lining was too scanty to take a biopsy and the whole experience under GA was unpleasant. 3 years on and my GP has blocked any supply of hrt until I answer their questionnaire. One of the questions is about bleeding. I had a small amount earlier this year on a couple of occasions but only because I had removed 1 patch and forgotten to apply the new one until the next day. I am really tempted to not tell them because I don't want another hysteroscopy.

Mary G

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2023, 12:00:15 PM »

Jaydee, I would have thought their first port of call would be to give you a heavy duty progesterone to clear the lining.   You would then have another scan to see whether it had cleared - that's what my gynaecologist would do anyway. 

A hysteroscopy seems over the top.  A better idea would be to scan women regularly.

jaydee

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2023, 12:33:59 PM »

Mary G, fingers crossed that is what the consultant will suggest.  I’m expecting to hear from him in the next few days.  It was the sonography who mentioned a hysteroscopy.

Kathleen

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2023, 04:37:03 PM »

Hello ladies.

A few years ago I saw an NHS Consultant privately ( complete waste of my time and money by the way). I did ask about regular scans to check the womb lining and she said that wasn't a good idea because ' you can't keep scanning women you know '.

The conversation moved on to something else but I wish I had asked her why that can't be done.

This was a while ago as I say and ideas may have changed but perhaps there is a reluctance to offer regular scans as a way of helping women manage their HRT? If so that is a real shame.

Take care ladies.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]