Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Dizziness, sinus issues, fatigue and tingles  (Read 1125 times)

Lookingforamiracle

• First Flush
Dizziness, sinus issues, fatigue and tingles
« on: April 19, 2023, 07:56:44 PM »

I started on two pumps of Oestrogel and a 100mg tablet of Utrogestan each day this year, however after one month I couldn’t take the daily all day nausea, dizziness and the utterly crippling exhaustion. I felt worse than before. I came off the HRT and haven’t tried anything else - yet. Two days after coming off my arms and legs started tingling, which scared me. I’ve also had intermittent dizziness and a weird sinus head sometimes. I spoke to my GP and he said it’s all normal effects of coming off the HRT and may not subside for a few months yet. I’m gutted as was desperately hoping the HRT would help with my hideous health and general anxiety, brain fog, lack of libido, achy joints, irritability and so on! Anyone else experienced the same kind of symptoms when stopping HRT? Or the same side effects I experienced whilst on Oestrogel and Utrogestan? Would be interesting to hear other peoples’ experiences.

flossie fiddler

Re: Dizziness, sinus issues, fatigue and tingles
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 07:02:35 AM »

Good morning. Sorry you’re not feeling good. Can I ask, do you follow the guidelines with the Utrogestan regarding taking it 2 hours after your last meal? The only times I’ve felt the dizziness and nausea and extreme tiredness, (twice)  is when I took my Utrogestan with a milky drink at bedtime. I had nausea and dizziness that was bad enough that I didn’t trust myself to drive. I thought it was because of the milky drink so haven’t done it since, and been OK. I can get away with a cup of tea.

Apparently having it too close to food increases the absorption (I’m sure that’s what I read somewhere when doing my research) so it’s as if you’re getting a higher dose.

Could that be the cause of your dizziness and other symptoms?

Lookingforamiracle

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 08:05:43 AM »

Thank you for your kind reply. I was taking it just before bed as the doctor suggested because of the possible drowsiness. Also rubbed the gel in at the same time.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 09:58:50 AM »

For me, I think the dizziness was due to me taking it with a hot milk, classed as food.

HRT does take a bit of tweaking for many people, so maybe ask to try something different. I switched from Evorel Conti as the progesterone didn’t agree with me. Utrogestan is a different type of progesterone. Maybe the one in Evorel might work better for you?