Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Age of last natural period  (Read 1397 times)

sheila99

Re: Age of last natural period
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 01:20:47 PM »

I wonder if this is the view the medical profession takes which leads to so much anxiety and worry for those with a late menopause. I can absolutely tell when it's my own cycle and when it's a hrt induced one though perhaps there are others who can't. It's obviously better to err on the side of caution but it seems over the top to classify all bleeding on hrt as 'unnatural' when clearly sometimes it's a natural period. At the very least they could acknowledge the possibility instead of frightening people - I have also been on the receiving end of the 'it can't possibly be your own period' panic.

SarahT

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 01:31:53 PM »

I was still getting periods every single month regular as clockwork at age 56. I went on hrt, patches and utrogestan which I could not tolerate in September last year. I then went for the mirena coil in order to stop bleeds.
Even now it has settled I STILL get pms every month, had a light period last month, pms but no bleed this month.... So at age 56, despite being on hrt, I too still know I would be having natural periods. Late onset menopause seems to be something a lot of medical folk just think is not possible... There's enough of us on this forum to know it is very real!

Dotty

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 02:34:13 PM »

Last period at 50 and 2 months. Went on hrt at 53 .

Flowergirlphilly

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2023, 11:53:04 PM »

Hi everyone. Just a follow up. I went to my gynecologist today. I live in the states again and her office has the scanning equipment there.

When I first got there I had the pelvic exam and all looked clear. Then they had me drink about a half gallon of water and sent me into have the transvaginal scan.

Everything looked fine. Uterine lining is 2-3 in thickness but they noticed 2 fibroids and something called Adenomyosis developing where my c section scar is. They said that could be the reason I feel cramping and a “pulling sensation” in my pelvis

They believe I’m in Mid to end cycle of menopause. And are waiting for my blood results.

But all in all the dr didn’t seem too concerned and believes since it was a 5 day typical period it might just be one final hormonal push.

My dr told me that her mother didn’t reach menopause until she was 56 and that the average age of her patients is 53.

Will let you know what the blood tests reveal.

Thanks so much for your wonderful input
Pages: 1 [2]