Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Virginal atrophy  (Read 672 times)

Ann c

Virginal atrophy
« on: April 25, 2023, 11:18:52 AM »

Hi all I have VA and it’s been under control until the last month and flared up again, I have been using Vagifem and my GP has just prescribed Betamethasone Valerate cream which is not really helping.
Just wondering if anyone had any advice with the burning pains and also any painkillers that may help and the million dollar question how long when it flares up does it last?
Really appreciate any help and advice.
Take care.
Ann C

Flossieteacake

Re: Virginal atrophy
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 11:24:26 AM »

Hello Ann. Sorry to hear you are having a VA flare. I will tell you what helps me.

I only shower, never bath. I wash in emollient. I apply emollient to the vulva before I shower, wash it off in the shower then apply some to act as a barrier.

I had to give up caffeine as I found it made my symptoms worse.

I also use Ovestin every day. I apply it internally and mix a little with Yes VM and apply thst to the vulva.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 11:47:34 AM »

The condition will flare up until the sufferer returns to using vaginal atrophy treatment nightly.  For weeks if necessary, there's really. no right or wrong: other than the moment symptoms niggle: 4 me it's around the belly button level: start upping the amount used. 

4 me it was like razor blades  :o up there  :-\

Ann c

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 02:31:17 PM »

Thank you both for your help I really appreciate your advice and try them, I thought I had it under control
No such luck 
Take care
Ann

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 02:40:49 PM »

Often we feel it's under control then hey presto !  >:(.

Let us know how you get on with upping the treatment.

Ayesha

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 03:57:46 PM »

We think we have it under control but I don't think it can ever be that way. If you are not well or whenever I think I can reduce my daily dose of Vagifem, and Ovestin used topically, I will get a flare up, every time!

Use more of the treatment, its the only answer as VA is not to be messed with, it will rear its ugly head at a moments notice when you least expect it.
Once you start to use the treatment every day the flare up should soon disappear then you can decide to reduce the dosage or not.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 03:59:54 PM by Ayesha »