Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pinched Nerve in Buttock  (Read 1921 times)

getting_old

Pinched Nerve in Buttock
« on: May 03, 2023, 08:39:27 PM »

I've been having pain in my buttock, and numbness / pins & needles in my leg. Saw the doctor who said probably a pinched nerve and suggested I see a physiotherapist. Physio said the same thing and gave me exercises which I've been doing daily. The pain isn't constant, and seems to be worse if I try to go for a walk. Just wondering if anyone else has had this and what has helped.
Thanks

Taz2

Re: Pinched Nerve in Buttock
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 10:32:27 PM »

This sounds like piriformis pain getting_old. This can cause the symptoms you describe. I developed this after damaging my hamstring. I paid privately for physio each week (initially) and found that with the exercises plus massage and ultrasound it improved over time. I'll try to find a good link
https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sciatica/symptoms-and-diagnosis-piriformis-syndrome

Taz x  :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 10:41:23 PM by Taz2 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 06:41:28 AM »

Did they suggest which nerve  ::)

I thought that I had sciatica but it turns out to be bursitis ..... for which I have exercises.   :-\.  The pain wakes me in the early hours, is no trouble otherwise.

getting_old

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2023, 06:38:04 PM »

This sounds like piriformis pain getting_old. This can cause the symptoms you describe. I developed this after damaging my hamstring. I paid privately for physio each week (initially) and found that with the exercises plus massage and ultrasound it improved over time. I'll try to find a good link
https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/sciatica/symptoms-and-diagnosis-piriformis-syndrome

Taz x  :)

Thanks so much. Will take a look and do some research.