Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Collagen supplements  (Read 1993 times)

flossie fiddler

Collagen supplements
« on: April 17, 2023, 08:28:58 AM »

Morning all!

I recently started taking Marine Collagen capsules after listening to a podcast (Sliced Bread) that investigates claims about so called wonder products and whether they are the best thing since sliced bread, or marketing BS.

The one about collagen was very interesting, so after doing further research, I took the plunge. I have to say that after 3 weeks I’m really noticing a difference in my skin. It looks plumped and the wrinkles don’t look as deep. As I originally started taking it to help with my dreadfully brittle nails, this is a bonus. It seems to have helped with the small amount of residual joint pain that the HRT didn’t take away.

Does anyone else take it? Or does anyone have any thoughts about it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 08:35:23 AM by flossie fiddler »

jaypo

Re: Collagen supplements
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 11:57:52 AM »

Hiya,yes, I used to take it but noticed little difference tbh,what one do you take? Mine were H&B capsules

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 12:09:09 PM »

I was thinking about it, my niece is a sales rep for a company that sells it and she wanted me to try it, but it's bovine not marine collagen. I think there's quite a difference in results and price. I think all the stars use the marine but it's not cheap.

Penguin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 12:56:28 PM »

Hi Just wondering if you have seen any different in your hair since taking it? I would like to try collagen but don't eat red meat so would prefer marine, but not sure if it's meant to have same benefits for hair? 

vintagefiend

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 09:21:58 AM »

I'm waiting for my order of marine collagen to arrive from British Supplements- I'll keep you posted
I'm 51 and so blimmin' wrinkly ;D
It's not the worst of my meno symptoms by a long straw but I don't like it!

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 05:49:17 PM »

Hello ladies.

My friend injured her knee a few years ago and has started taking collagen supplements to try and build up the damaged cartilage. She has promised me a full update when we next meet but so far she thinks the supplements are helping.

Take care ladies.

K

flossie fiddler

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 06:31:48 AM »

I take the ones by VitaBright and there’s a discount for first time purchase. Apparently they work best alongside other ingredients, two of which are hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.  Both of these are in the ones I use. However, I on,y realised when I had started them that they are on,y Type 1 collagen, and it’s better to have type 3 in there too, particularly for joint artery health, so will probably swap to a different brand that has all of this. Hey Nutrition had type 1 and 3 collagens in it, and that was another one I considered, but the VitaBright was cheaper.

Penguin, interesting you mention hair. Apparently it doesn’t affect the hair itself, but because it improves the structure of the skin supporting the hair, it is supposed to make it look thicker. When I had my HRT review 2 days ago, the nurse said, ‘wow, look at your hair!’.