Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: GP Appointment to discuss HRT/Ad's/Anxiety meds  (Read 3005 times)

Losingtheplot

Re: GP Appointment to discuss HRT/Ad's/Anxiety meds
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2023, 06:35:55 PM »

Glad you had a positive result from your doctors appt. You must be relieved to be taken seriously.

And by you writing the original post is helping others too, as you can see from the responses.

So many of us are struggling. Seeing a 'result' to a members post really helps, some of us can maybe see a different way forward to help symptoms.

Wishing you well

Thank you hunni
You have all helped me so much today by supporting my post and taking the time to reply to me by providing very good and useful advice so I had every intention of sharing what happened in the GP appointment :)

My Gp is lovely I am a little unclear as to whether the scan I am being referred for is a DEXA scan or a pelvic scan.

I think it may be DEXA bone density as I mentioned aches and pains in joints but also mentioned that I never have had periods on the contraceptive implant.

So I guess I will find out once I get the hospital appointment letter.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2023, 07:43:25 PM »

Oh I'm so glad your GP was helpful, it makes such a difference.  I have a helpful GP too.. Did he advise you to start on a low dose of the estrogel? I started on just one pump as he said it would make any side effects less,  although I know a lot of people start on two and are fine. I hope the combination works well for you amd you feel better soon x

Hi hunni sorry it's estrodrol gel ( think that's correct spelling) ive been prescribed on a low dose yes 0.5. So 1 sachet which ive started tonight for 14 days  And then 2x 100 Utrogestan tablets for 14 days. Which I hope I tolerate.   Ahh we are lucky to have helpful GPs.

Thank u I hope it works for me too

Losingtheplot

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2023, 07:47:46 AM »

Glad you are feeling calmer and happier. Look after yourself X

Thank you you too xxxxx

Losingtheplot

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2023, 07:53:37 AM »

My GP has recently prescribed the same on the same basis. As and when required. She said just having them to hand often helps even if you don't use them.

Hi DottyD68,

Yes I felt a lot calmer knowing I had these to help me should I need them.
This morning my stomach didn't feel as churned and knotted initially but then after a period of 30 mins or so I could feel the palpitations starting and the churning getting worse and the panic setting in so I took the anxiety med and did feel things calm down pretty instantly.
I noticed a hour or so after I got a really bad headache but unsure if this is linked to a side effect of the med or just a tension headache.  Time will tell.

DottyD68

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2023, 11:03:08 AM »

What dosage did the GP give you?

I have been getting a buzzing/jittery sensation at night in bed. I took one the other night and I don't know if it was my imagination but it did subside after 30 mins or so and I had a good night's sleep. I have 10mg.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2023, 11:25:35 AM »

I have been getting a buzzing/jittery sensation at night in bed. I took one the other night and I don't know if it was my imagination but it did subside after 30 mins or so and I had a good night's sleep. I have 10mg.

10mg Gp said I could take it up to 3 times a day.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2023, 11:44:53 AM »

I am pleased you started to feel better regardless of whether it was the meds  :)

Penguin

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2023, 01:42:01 PM »

Good to hear the anxiety meds helped already. With the headache, you've probably thought of this already, but perhaps try drinking more water? I find with any medication I take, I benefit from more water. There are some odd random side effects from these drugs, eg citalopram causing dry mouth, progrsterone making you pee more etc. Good luck with the gel too, I am on the one that comes with a pump dispenser, I did find it quick to have some impact.

Losingtheplot

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2023, 06:04:59 PM »

Good to hear the anxiety meds helped already. With the headache, you've probably thought of this already, but perhaps try drinking more water? I find with any medication I take, I benefit from more water. There are some odd random side effects from these drugs, eg citalopram causing dry mouth, progrsterone making you pee more etc. Good luck with the gel too, I am on the one that comes with a pump dispenser, I did find it quick to have some impact.

Thanks for the advice the headache did settle a little after I drank some water. I have just had a experience that was so awful. I stupidly joined a local gym online a few days ago without visiting it but I have driven past it many times.
I went along for 1st time tonight for a fitness class. Anyway I felt flustered as soon as I got to the gym couldnt figure out how to get in! As its a 24 hour gym so doors protected by a code.

Then when I did get in I was overwhelmed by how many people were in working out. It gets worse..... I looked across the room and saw an area in corner of the gym where the exercise classes were held in full view of the entire gym! So I calmed myself down by going into the changing rooms only then to realise I had come too early for the class  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I had 40 mins till it started. So start of a panic attack. One part of me was saying just stay your here now the other part was screaming get me out of here now!!!
So.... I left  :'( :'( :'( :'( I feel I have let myself down and just been so pathetic.

I broke down when I got home what is happening to me.

Hubby ran me a nice bath which was lovely but I am so disappointed in myself.

SarahT

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2023, 06:19:41 PM »

Oh sweetie,
don't be too hard on yourself. You have had a hard time of things lately and should be proud of what you have achieved this week.

It's early days in your new regime, maybe it's all just been  a bit much  all at once. Give yourself some time to settle. It's a good thing to even think about starting a new gym class whilst working with your anxiety. Take small steps and be encouraged at the good things you have done for yourself this week.

Lovely that your  husband understood and was there to lend some comfort and support.
You've done a lot not good this week, don't lose sight of that.

Hugs to you x

Losingtheplot

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2023, 06:33:14 PM »

Oh sweetie,
don't be too hard on yourself. You have had a hard time of things lately and should be proud of what you have achieved this week.

It's early days in your new regime, maybe it's all just been  a bit much  all at once. Give yourself some time to settle. It's a good thing to even think about starting a new gym class whilst working with your anxiety. Take small steps and be encouraged at the good things you have done for yourself this week.

Lovely that your  husband understood and was there to lend some comfort and support.

Hugs to you x

Thank you SarahT. You are such a lovely person with the right words that I needed to hear and have found comforting  Xxxx I will take one step at a time.

I think I have put too much pressure on myself and know that exercise helps me unwind and feel better but its been too much as my logical brain would have arranged a visit to the gym first but I am going to take your advice and try and go easy on myself.

I considered cancelling the membership last night but I will try and attend the next class I am booked in for now knowing what to expect when I get there!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 06:55:00 AM by Losingtheplot »

Losingtheplot

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2023, 07:37:03 PM »

Oh sweetie,

Hugs to you x

Made it to the exercise class today  ;) ;) ;) so proud of myself what a difference to how I felt yesterday.

SarahT

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2023, 07:56:22 PM »

So happy for you. I know exercise helps me a lot. Walking into a new class takes a fair bit of courage.
You nailed it girl!  Good to hear some happy news

Xx

DottyD68

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2023, 08:22:35 PM »

Well done Losingtheplot. What a great achievement. Just save that feeling in your head and next time you have a bad day, remember tomorrow is another day and tomorrow can be great. Really chuffed for you X

Losingtheplot

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2023, 04:36:43 AM »

So happy for you. I know exercise helps me a lot. Walking into a new class takes a fair bit of courage.
You nailed it girl!  Good to hear some happy news

Xx

Thank u  :) :) :) :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4