Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal oestrogen more than 2x a week?  (Read 1451 times)

Suzysheep

Vaginal oestrogen more than 2x a week?
« on: April 16, 2023, 03:03:08 PM »

Hi

I have been using vaginal pessaries since October for my va. At first I found it amazing…. But I feel like I need it more than twice a week. I really notice a difference between times.
Has anyone got any experience of using them more frequently?

Thanks 😊

Ayesha

Re: Vaginal oestrogen more than 2x a week?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 03:15:33 PM »

I phoned the doctor for advice because when I went down to twice a week I had no improvement with symptoms.
Nearly two years on and with her blessing I am on daily use of Vagifem.  I am not on any other form of HRT which might make a difference but for now I am continuing with daily use, which also includes Ovestin used topically on the outside, one tube can last me 3 months. 

Mouse60

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 03:21:36 PM »

I am just on the reduction phase (1 month in). My doctor told me lots of ladies need to use the pessaries more often than twice a week. I am finding every other day is best atm. With moisturiser externally daily and more.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 03:49:00 PM »

Every day is fine if that is what the vagina requires to stop symptoms.  Don't be fobbed off by GPs !

Suzysheep

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 09:06:52 PM »

Thank you ladies.

I’m not on any other HRT, so I think I’ll try every other day for a while and see how that works.  I don’t seem to get on with the cream, it irritated me further.
It’s good to hear others have been told it’s ok.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 07:22:27 AM »

Twice a week wasn’t enough for me either, without any other form of HRT. It was one of the many symptoms that prompted me to re-evaluate going back on HRT.

I now have pessaries twice a week, with Evorel 50 and Utrogestan 100 continuous. Yesterday my hubby and I were able to get intimate, without the use of any lube.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 04:14:06 PM »

I have never been able to cope with just two a week. I use Vagifem every day and am one systemic too. My named GP, now retired thankfully, said I had exceeded my quota and would not allow me anymore for 3 months! Sympathetic receptionist got me another appointment with different GP who is happy to prescribe it daily.

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 04:35:43 PM »

Vagifem used to do 25mcg pessaries, not the 10mcg we have now, and the maintenance dose of those was 2 per week = 50mcg. I never use less than 5 a week. Also, the Estring delivers just over 50 mcg estradiol per week. So many people are being routinely underdosed  >:(
JP x

Suzysheep

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 09:34:21 PM »

I’ve been using them every day since I posted, and I already feel so much more comfortable down there!  I will definitely have to let my gp know so I don’t get refused more frequent prescriptions.

Joaniepat

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023, 05:28:36 AM »

I’ve been using them every day since I posted, and I already feel so much more comfortable down there!  I will definitely have to let my gp know so I don’t get refused more frequent prescriptions.
Good news then! Glad to hear it's working and I hope your GP will be sensible about more frequent use  :)
JP x

Suzysheep

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 07:48:26 AM »

Thank you JP x