Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ok think I’m dropping HRT  (Read 762 times)

EllieJ

Ok think I’m dropping HRT
« on: April 16, 2023, 07:23:28 AM »

Hi all so it’s been 9 weeks (I think) on Evorel Conte and all I’ve noticed is a reduction in overheating episodes. I am definitely sleeping more but rather than give me my energy back which is what I was hoping I’m feeling drugged! Yes I’m sleeping loads but I am exhausted still. This morning I feel absolutely awful. I had a bad stomach a couple of weeks ago and assumed I’d been gluttoned (I am coeliac) but I was woken last night with stomach pain, I feel sick and I’ve had a headache for a couple of days. I just do not feel well and the only thing I have changed over the last few weeks is to being the patches. Don’t know whether to just stop the patches or go back to gp.

sheila99

Re: Ok think I’m dropping HRT
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 08:44:01 AM »

I would go back to the gp and ask for something different, it may be that the progesterone in the conti patches doesn't suit you.

flossie fiddler

Re: Ok think I’m dropping HRT
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 08:12:08 AM »

It might be the progesterone in the patches. There are other types of Progesterones out there, so if you feel that you want to stay on HRT if it’s helping, ask if you can try a different regime.

I was on Evorel Conti, but due to excessive bleeding on it,  but have now switched to Evorel 50, with Utrogestan for the progesterone. Not perfect, as still getting some bleeds, but definitely better.

Good luck. HRT is not a ‘one size fits all’ and usually needs some tweaking along the journey.