Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is it normal to have a tender area on your breast for ages?  (Read 1735 times)

starburst

Is it normal to have a tender area on your breast for ages?
« on: April 13, 2023, 08:03:48 PM »

Hi
I'm 49, in peri and on estradot 75 and utrogestan.

I have breast fed 5 children, till they were toddlers, and finished breast feading the last one in oct 2022.

Lately I have been aware of a tender spot on my right breast in the bottom section under the nipple.
i am aware of it even when no one is touching it.
It kind of feels a little tender and bruisey, but visually they look normal.
As my breast tissue is no longer dense, they are quite soft and easy to feel and I cannot feel any lump or anything abnormal, so I imagine its not anything untoward, however one of my best friends just died in Oct last year, of Breast cancer. She found out and 3 days later was in ICU and 6 weeks later, had died, so I guess that makes me feel nervous.
What reasons can there be for experiencing tenderness in your boob in a specific spot?
I havent banged it or anything, and its not loke the soreness you get when preg...just a bruisey kind of dull ache...

Dierdre

Re: Is it normal to have a tender area on your breast for ages?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 10:11:32 PM »

Have you been over examining yourself and made it sore? I had a red mark last week and was so worried i was feeling around, poking and proding trying to feel for a lump. The red mark has nearly gone but it still feels tender from my probing. and a vein feels sore too.
If not then get it checked out for peace of mind.

starburst

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 08:54:15 AM »

No, I have just noticed it like that for a while, and had a feel around the other day, but other than that,no.

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 09:33:51 AM »

I would get it checked then.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 01:40:55 PM »

Best to get checked, but can be perfectly normal.  I say that because some might be afraid to get checked, but a lot of these things will be ok, even if it's been going on a while. Things change, sometimes over longer periods of time.   :)