Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Breast Changes - Confused  (Read 626 times)

annie79

• First Flush
Breast Changes - Confused
« on: April 14, 2023, 07:41:41 AM »

Hello,

I am 43. Before Christmas I had three weeks of extreme breast pain. I then noticed that one of my boobs had gone quite flat and loose. The hard disks inside had gone and it felt much more like a soft toy - nothing hard within at all. No structure. The second boob has just done the same. It is obvious to me now that the mammary glands have gone.

Does empty breasts = empty ovaries?

Do other women in peri have soft breasts like this? does this mean I am not cycling anymore? I might add that they do not change...ever...so again, makes me think my cycles have finished. I am on HRT - 3 pumps of Oestrogel with the Mirena. This makes no difference to them either. I might add that for a year I have had so many peri symptoms...

I guess what I want to ask is, does everyone in peri have soft breasts or does this mean I am no longer in peri?

Thank you,
Annie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast Changes - Confused
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 08:32:05 AM »

Morning. I have no idea  :-\

I suggest that you get an appt with the Nurse Practitioner to discuss - then let us know  ::).  When did U last have a mammogram?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 08:47:51 AM »

I don't know about no longer being in peri but I had exactly the same as you,my boobs suddenly got really sore,so bad that I had to stop running,that lasted for a couple of weeks or so,then I noticed they just weren't as full anymore,not that I have big boobs,only a b cup but they have definitely lost their fullness and just kinda hang there now,nothing to worry about I'm sure but no harm talking to a Dr about it if you're worried

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 09:09:08 AM »

Hello Annie79 and welcome to the forum.

I haven't noticed this happening to my breasts but it certainly happened to my bottom in post meno.  My 'cheeks' as it were just collapsed and I am left with a very flat bottom just like all the other old lady bottoms I see around me. Perhaps its a redistribution of fat as Oestrogen promotes an hour glass figure but lack of it leads to a more male shape.
Not great but what can you do?!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

annie79

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 09:32:58 AM »

Thank you all - I will ask when I next see the doctor or nurse and report back. I think it means that my periods are finished - no way to know for sure about periods with the Mirena in place but its surely the biggest sign I have that my body has changed? no more mammary glands - no more babies to feed. Its just that, at 43, I am on the younger side and I want to know.

I am getting a bra fitting soon because all my bra's are now far too big and its making me feel worse about it.  :-\

Dierdre

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 09:41:24 AM »

My boobs went like this long before peri. As soon as I stopped breast feeding my 3 children they became soft and shrunk. They.re bigger now but I'm overweight but the firmness and fullness never returned.

jaypo

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 09:48:15 AM »

Yes you're young but meno can strike at any age,the guide given as average is 52 years but my friend was 36 when she hit menopause.Yep,I changed my bras too,they were empty at the top,isn't life kind to us  ???