Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pain in lower left ribs/spleen  (Read 1835 times)

BexD

• First Flush
Pain in lower left ribs/spleen
« on: April 11, 2023, 01:26:03 PM »

Hi there! New to the group. I'm about to turn 50 and I started having some hot flushes in September last year and then I didn't get my usual regular period from Oct 2022 - Feb 2023. I'm now on HRT and it's regulated last 2 months of periods. Luckily I'm not experiencing anything too dramatic and only have some minor niggles. The worst one being (if it is even indeed related) is pain under my lower left ribs. It feels bruised and it comes and goes in severity and I only noticed it back in the Autumn of last year so would seem to coincide timing-wise. I do lift weights but I haven't recalled any injury and have not done anything out of the ordinary. It's a strange pain and it makes me feel full even after only a small meal. Also if I breathe deeply there is a slight pain too. I can't sleep on that side as it seems to collapse in and cause discomfort. Someone suggested an enlarged spleen but having Googled it (dangerous I know!) I don't have any other symptoms like dizziness, fatigue etc. I had blood tests before HRT and my liver, kidneys, thyroid etc all came back normal. Only a slightly elevated cholesterol but I am fit and not overweight and doc said no need for any meds as borderline. Does anyone else have this linked to Peri? I will mention to doctor on 18th when I have a phone call booked (can't get in to see anyone hardly ever!). Thank you in advance!